Thread: Hw 75

Hw 75

I FINALLY FOUND ONE AT THE RIGHT PRICE --- IT WAS A MATTER OF I WAS IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME WITH CASH IN MY POCKET --NEW OLD STOCK 200 QUID --- BUT DOUSE ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY OF GETTING A BIT MORE POWER OUT OF THEM

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by clive s 400 View Post
    I FINALLY FOUND ONE AT THE RIGHT PRICE --- IT WAS A MATTER OF I WAS IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME WITH CASH IN MY POCKET --NEW OLD STOCK 200 QUID --- BUT DOUSE ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY OF GETTING A BIT MORE POWER OUT OF THEM
    It's a Single Stoke Pneumatic (SSP) It is what it is- can't be tuned. It's a pure target pistol. But not good enough even for that!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Its a fabulous pistol. Trigger is sublime. It puts a smile on my face everytime i shoot it. Shoot it at paper at 10 yds and forget the power. If you want power get the 45 but ive had both and the 75 in my opinion is streets ahead

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telephonepete View Post
    Its a fabulous pistol. Trigger is sublime. It puts a smile on my face everytime i shoot it. Shoot it at paper at 10 yds and forget the power. If you want power get the 45 but ive had both and the 75 in my opinion is streets ahead
    Ok, but the barrel height is too high (sits far too high in the hand), the trigger is 'slow' and I found the one I had to be unreliable. Got rid of it and bought a s/h FAS604 for less money. It's in a different league entirely (not powerful mind )
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Telephonepete View Post
    It is fantastic. I have two 45's and a 75 and a 40. They are all fantastic pistols in their own right. Paper targets at 10 yards with the 75 and 40 are superb. Every shot is crisp and consistant with amazing accuracy. For plinking and blasting things to oblivion the 45's come into there own.

hw 45 --75

thanks for the help --I have both 45 and 75
    the 45 I cannot hit a barn door with it bounces all over the place tryed a few shots with the 75 and hit all I shot at TARGETS tin cans and paper as well as spinners I can live with the low power --might even be an advantage --there is a bell target club I wanted to go to but did not have a pistol suitable thanks for the help

I dont think its intended to be a serious target pistol. For me its a great fun pistol and accepting that its very accurate.

Great reminder to get mine out and used. Thanks.

hw75

been in the garden having a go with the new 75 -- I can hit my targets --- tried bisley magnums --much better with them
    it don't seem to like accu pell

The trigger on the 75 that I had was superb. The grip is good (not match grade), but the need to cock the hammer was a bugbear compared to other SSPs.

The 75 has a the benefit of a manual safety, unlike the 40 which has an auto (PITA) safety.

The ambidextrous safety on the 75 can get in the way on the right hand side for a right handed person. The safety lever on the right side can easily be removed and replaced with a washer; this leaves the safety on the left side. Likewise, the safety on the left hand side can be removed for a left handed person.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by clive s 400 View Post
    been in the garden having a go with the new 75 -- I can hit my targets --- tried bisley magnums --much better with them
    it don't seem to like accu pell
    Try some RWS Hobby pellets Clive. They are a bit lighter and work a treat given the lower power of the 75.

I have a HW40 and 45. Love them both.

The 75 is one that needs to come and find a home with me.

I once had the opportunity of buying one from the lovely Rickenbacker but had to decline due to lack of funds. Wish I could have justified it back then, but I WILL get one, one day.

Most of my lower powered stuff seem to like Hobbies, as Mike suggests. Maybe also worth considering the lighter versions of the Meisterkugeln and R10 and also the lighter versions of the JSB Exact and Air Arms Field?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

BigEars Guest
    The trigger on the Hw75 l used to have was superb. It was an absolute pleasureto shoot as long as you kept your fingers clear of the man trap.