Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW35 parts interchangeability?

Something wrong with the running of the household if you can't have an air rifle and kids at the same time, bit ridiculous. I had dozens of firearms and taught my daughters safe handling and how to shoot. A lot of settlers in USA, Australia and Africa would have starved to death if they had no firearms because of their kids when they emigrated a couple of hundred years ago. The USA would also still belong to U.K. !

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Something wrong with the running of the household if you can't have an air rifle and kids at the same time, bit ridiculous. I had dozens of firearms and taught my daughters safe handling and how to shoot. A lot of settlers in USA, Australia and Africa would have starved to death if they had no firearms because of their kids when they emigrated a couple of hundred years ago. The USA would also still belong to U.K. !

Baz
    It's just that some people hate guns, Doesn't matter if they're .50 cal or a .177 gat gun, They won't have them in the house!, I have a friend that's a dentist, His son bought a Gamo Co2 pistol, Mum went crackers and asked me to come and take it away!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    average,

Your mention of the cylinder indicates that you know about the change of transfer port size around 1980 (sure someone else can give a precise date) when the piston seal changed from leather to synthetic. Just thought I'd mention it here for the benefits of anyone else reading this thread with a similar query.

As Danny's pic shows, there have also been changes in the iron sights. I do not know if all the rear sights interchange. Clearly the fronts don't, going from an early dovetailed blade to a (1960s onward?) slide-on hooded unit with interchangeable elements.

And it also shows how elegant the early ones were. Myself, I think the 60s and early 70s ones usually have the nicest blend of features, looks, and build/finish quality. And I don't even really like 35s.
    The T.P size across the 35 range in old & new models with the Rekord trigger fitted I have found to be 3mm.In some leather sealed models it is 4mm but I also have some with the 3mm T.P.
    My older ones were bought second hand so I have no idea if the 4mm versions were factory but they dont appear to be messed with.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    It's just that some people hate guns, Doesn't matter if they're .50 cal or a .177 gat gun, They won't have them in the house!, I have a friend that's a dentist, His son bought a Gamo Co2 pistol, Mum went crackers and asked me to come and take it away!!

John
    I was misled by the post as it seemed the reason was "(they had kids)", not that they hated guns. I would have made a different choice if wife told me that.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    The T.P size across the 35 range in old & new models with the Rekord trigger fitted I have found to be 3mm.In some leather sealed models it is 4mm but I also have some with the 3mm T.P.
    My older ones were bought second hand so I have no idea if the 4mm versions were factory but they dont appear to be messed with.
    The HW35 showed the Rekord trigger from the very beginning.
    The old leather piston seal type with the - indeed - factory transfer port of about 4mm got replaced by a synthetic seal and a TP of about 3mm somewhere in the year 1980 at around serial number 843636.

The very early HW35 with short block did not have the later caged Rekord trigger unit.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    The very early HW35 with short block did not have the later caged Rekord trigger unit.
    Spot on Mick, It had a very simple hook on the trigger that held the piston rod back, Similar to the old Milbro Diana mod79

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/