Thread: Hw99 piston buttons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hw99 piston buttons

Hi

Has anyone had experience with buttoning a hw99s?

Was there any noticeable gain in smoothness or was in not really worth the effort?

I have shot an AirArms with rings but never fired a buttoned gun.

I did and I do.
    All of my springer pistons.
    I even buttoned the piston of my HW90 GasRam.

Because I think to get out the utmost of any slack between piston and system tube awa any possible metal-to-metal contact is advantageous for smoothness and thus accuracy so not only while cocking only but most important at shooting.

Thanks.

Maybe something I attempt.

Did it do anything to reduce hold sensitivity? I'd imagine lock time would stay the same buttons or not? I appreciate all spring guns suffering from this and it can't be eliminated completely.

On your HW pistons, some people mention they are hardened at the rear. Did you encounter any problem drilling?

hi iv buttoned my hw99s on the front and rear [you don't have to do front but did mine while it was down] I hade to take a bit of metal of all my HW pistons iv buttond at the rear if you don't the buttons are very thin proberly about 6 thou thick, that's proberly why tunners are fitting bands in now . my HW99S was dead rough as std when cocking now its smooth and shoots ok but still not accurate [ bit of work to do on the barrel I think ] imo the 99s is not a good engineered rifle like the hw95 it has some issues .but everything can be sorted out with a bit of time
    atb john
    ATB JOHN
    hw 100, hw80 mk1, smk xs20, bsa scorpion pistol, feinwerkbau 127, hw99s

That's a shame re the accuracy, John. I have two and they're both very accurate and many other people also report the same.

Hope you get it just as you want.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

hopefully if I do get it accurate tony it will be a nice rifle as thay have a lot going for them ,light ,short, nice looks, good trigger, full power now . I only bought it after seeing what all the fuss was about the Sandwell field sports imp was . I think im right in saying that HW had some issues a couple of years ago with some of there barrels not being machined right ? . it shoots good groups for 3-4 pellets at 35 yd then the next 2-3 pellets are 2 ins away from each other, strange ANY HELP APPRECIATED ?.a new barrel might be needed at this point
    atb john
    ATB JOHN
    hw 100, hw80 mk1, smk xs20, bsa scorpion pistol, feinwerkbau 127, hw99s