Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

This one only needs clicking so even lazy bums , should manage to put their name down to it.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/211656

A.G

Done!

Done. But there aren't any plans to introduce licensing
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    This one only needs clicking so even lazy bums , should manage to put their name down to it.

A.G
    What would licensing mean, and how would it effect us all, for air gun shooting in england? thanks m

Quote Originally Posted by echo1974 View Post
    What would licensing mean, for us air gun shooters in england?

It could possibly be the end of our sport as we know it. Airgun is the entry vehicle for the sport of shooting. We really do not need anymore prohibitive legislation that in any case only the law abiding will observe. The thugs and criminals are most unlikely to apply for an FAC or observe the guidlines so your question should really be , what does licensing achieve for the airgunners and the genral public and the answer will be Zero, Zilch, Finito, F-all, ut it will cost a hell lot of tax payers money and Police time and resources that the Police do not have. That much is for sure.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by echo1974 View Post
    What would licensing mean, and how would it effect us all, for air gun shooting in england? thanks m
    If the copy the scottish one word for word then have a look here http://airweapon.scot/

no one will know if there is plans to license them until the review is concluded .

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    Done. But there aren't any plans to introduce licensing
    Better stay one step ahead. The reply from the Countryside Alliance to the more comprehensive questionaire that were sent to them by the review team confirms that both BASC and the Countryside Alliance fear that on the back of this unnecessary ' review ' air gun licensing is on the governments agenda. I bet that the questionaire thay they sent to the airgun manufacturers and importers also has some tricky points to answer.

A.G

Better stay one step ahead. The reply from the Countryside Alliance to the more comprehensive questionaire that were sent to them by the review team confirms that both BASC and the Countryside Alliance fear that on the back of this unnecessary ' review ' air gun licensing is on the governments agenda. I bet that the questionaire thay they sent to the airgun manufacturers and importers also has some tricky points to answer.

A.G
    True and good to stay proactive. The BASC and CA might not see it as being on the agenda but just want to firmly stamp it out at this stage. When I last spoke to the BASC, they didn't see it as on the agenda at the moment but things could have changed..hope not.

I'm going to write to my MP again and talk to my local shop about getting onto our MP. The petition is certainly another way to demonstrate numbers to the government. If you circulate it around the forums and Facebook's groups etc I think we'll get numbers but fear the 10,000 signatures might be hard to hit. Don't know why, but the review responses wasn't as good as I'd expected. Hopefully I'm proved wrong and it's meet
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

when scotland done it, it just had to come down here,

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    True and good to stay proactive. I'm going to write to my MP again and talk to my local shop about getting onto our MP. The petition is certainly another way to demonstrate numbers to the government. If you circulate it around the forums and Facebook's groups etc I think we'll get numbers but fear the 10,000 signatures might be hard to hit. Don't know why, but the review responses wasn't as good as I'd expected. Hopefully I'm proved wrong and it's meet
    Good on you my friend. We really need to stay sharp and together now.

A.G

Done
    Les.

Done.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Petition

A.G
    This lazy bum has signed, come on bbs members lets get some resolution on this sign the petition.

I don't want to be negative but this might be too soon. These online petitions last 6 months. It will probably take that long for the consultation material to even be looked at. Can the petition be extended?

Done!
    Basc Member
    .177 FX Wildcat, .177 Air Arms Pro Sport .22, .177 HW 100T, Air Arms TX200hc