Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Now 8,144. The map is of interest, showing the low voting in the major cities. No surprise as there will be fewer opportunities for outdoor events. However those areas are generally the decision making centres.
    And where tugs do damage to our sport. Lack of effective policing due to severe cut backs perhaps?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Now 8,144. The map is of interest, showing the low voting in the major cities. No surprise as there will be fewer opportunities for outdoor events. However those areas are generally the decision making centres.
    Could this be that those people living in the cities are unaware of the petition. If so we need to make everyone, aware weather or not they are air gun users they may know someone that is and is just unaware. The more we talk to people the more will join the petition.

Done!

I have just checked it, it is up to 9044. Please do your best to spread the news and get airgunners to sign the petition. We are always looking over our shoulders and suffer in silence where the great majority of us are law abiding people who just want to enjoy a noble hobby. Isn't time that we were heard too?

A.G

done

Done and copied & pasted.
    QUOTE=lensman57;7432221]This one only needs clicking so even lazy bums , should manage to put their name down to it.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/211656

A.G[/QUOTE]
    Brocock/ ss .22 sidewinder .22 aa s400 .177 webley .177 Russian sidelever 6 shot thingy, .177 multishot CO2 pistol, old BSA .22 Pistol That I learned to pistol shoot on, .22 Spanish Rifle ASI Rangemaster , Gat Gun somewhere ,177 sp100 , BSA .177 pre war rifle .

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

It is now at 9500 sigs. Keep them sigs coming gents.

A.G

By the end of the week, we'll have the 10,000 and hopefully the signatures keep on coming thereafter
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    By the end of the week, we'll have the 10,000 and hopefully the signatures keep on coming thereafter
    I know that I am dreaming but I wish that we could get to 100000, at which point the issue has to be discussed in the ' house ' . Surely therer must be more than 100000 airgunners in the UK or is it the case that the majority just do not care?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I know that I am dreaming but I wish that we could get to 100000, at which point the issue has to be discussed in the ' house ' . Surely therer must be more than 100000 airgunners in the UK or is it the case that the majority just do not care?

A.G
    Be careful what you wish for, there are no plans to licence airguns so you may well just put that thought into their minds?

Why ask the government to drop plans they don't have yet?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Be careful what you wish for, there are no plans to licence airguns so you may well just put that thought into their minds?

They have already mentioned licensing in the review.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    They have already mentioned licensing in the review.
    You can keep on telling some people that the questionaire that was posted for the Joe public was different to the one sent to the manufacturer/retalier. Licensing is the main thrust of this so called ' review ' as anyone with even the most basic knowledge of the UK gun laws would know that all the points of concern raised by the ' review ' are already well covered by the present legislation but the exemption of the ownership of sub 12 ft.lbs air rifles from requiring an FAC. Licensing is the agenda dressed up as the response of the minister in charge to the ' coronor's request ', it is all just an excuse.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post

So you signed the petition then ?

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post

A.G
    I think 10,000 signatures forcing a response is a good result. The government will just give some basic reply saying there's an ongoing review by the HO looking at xyz, nothing definitive as per usual. But if the petition makes is way to MP Nick Hurd, it will further enforce the views of the many that replied against any further restrictions and should strengthen our case.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Done.

tac