Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Mr Turnup is right dude.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Petition

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    I think the petition is completely pointless in it's present wording.

"Drop any proposals to licence airguns in England & Wales"

If there are no proposals at this time the discussion is pointless since there will be no outcome. This will also not affect any future proposals since no parliament can bind it's successor (which includes itself a while later).

It is premature and dangerous to petition in this way. It is not a petition against anything concrete, it will not be remembered when/if there is any such proposal, and will only dilute responses to any future petition when there is something concrete on the cards.
    Just like the one Cats Protection are doing, 90,000 versus 10,000. Whatever the out come of either. I would look at the one with the most signatures so in this instance they are ahead, if you don't vote you cannot have a say at the out come. People said Trump did not have a chance but the people voted so thats what they got.
    All shooters should unite and give their support may I ask if you have signed it, I think you come in the category where I mentioned what difference will it make. If you did sign it why so negative, spread the word make people aware . Or are you happy to pay 72 quid for a licence as was forced upon the Scotland.

Has any one looked at the Norther ireland license scheme
    Now imagine if they followed the Northern ireland license scheme , the scottish one is a fluffy kitty compared to that . you need to have it locked in a gun cabinet in northern ireland so if you are a collector and have a huge collection then you will need loads of cabinets or one huge one . https://www.psni.police.uk/advice_in...rearm-storage/ and it costs £98 for five years. Full info here https://www.psni.police.uk/advice_in...ked-questions/

want to add a new airgun to your collection ? £30 pounds please
    How do I apply for an additional firearm?
    This is called a variation. You will need to fill in an application form giving ‘good reason’ for your requirement for the additional firearm. The completed form together with your firearm certificate should be forwarded to Firearms and Explosives Branch together with the fee of £30 for this service.

so if you buy and sell a lot you will be paying out £30 a time if they follow that license scheme

we don't pay that here as No serial numbers are listed on your license we only pay a variation fee if we move house of want to add target shooting to a hunting license for example

Qoute

Airguns not Requiring a Firearm Certificate

In Northern Ireland airguns and CO2 guns having a discharge kinetic energy in excess of one (1) Joule (0.737 ft lbs) require to be held on a firearm certificate.

So the Scottish one is not that bad
    Last edited by bighit; 27-02-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Just like the one Cats Protection are doing, 90,000 versus 10,000. Whatever the out come of either. I would look at the one with the most signatures so in this instance they are ahead, if you don't vote you cannot have a say at the out come. People said Trump did not have a chance but the people voted so thats what they got.
    All shooters should unite and give their support may I ask if you have signed it, I think you come in the category where I mentioned what difference will it make. If you did sign it why so negative, spread the word make people aware . Or are you happy to pay 72 quid for a licence as was forced upon the Scotland.
    More people have cats than airguns, all you are doing is highlighting that issue.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    I am opposed to airgun licencing in England, but I have not signed it nor will I. For the reasons I have already stated it will not achieve anything, apart from making us look foolish.

I can have a say in the outcome without adding my support to this ill-conceived petition.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

I will sit back and pay the licence fee as will you as and when it comes to England then.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Would not mind seeing that, is there a way to get hold of it?
    This is the link to the response. The full response has a link at the bottom of the page to a .doc document.

http://www.countryside-alliance.org/...eapons-review/

Regards,

A.G

Like others here, I also considered the title/content of the petition to be a bit short on information.

However, given the apparent poor response to recent Consultation, a good few on here have supported the petition (in the absence of any other initiatives). Once again the national response is somewhat lacking, maybe for the reasons put forward in the above posts.

As regards what the 'powers that be' might have in mind (despite not having 'published any plans') might be gleaned from the response to set questions regarding licenseing in the Consultation with national organisations. See a response to the questionnaire in post #80 of THIS thread.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

There are no proposals to licence airguns as of yet, so it would somewhat difficult to provide more information as such the petition "jumped the gun"

However it's out there now so should be supported & thankfully it's reached 10k pretty quickly so we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot.

Just because the national organisations were asked the question does not imply that is what anyone "has in mind"
    it simply means that they were obliged to ask because that is what the other side, the victims families, have been demanding.

Until firm proposals are put out, anything further is pointless speculation.

Once again valid points from Angrybear.

Anyone remember which organisation started the petition - would be useful to know. The online petition provides a name, but I'm sure I read on here the organisation concerned. Just skimmed through all posts here but cannot find it.

Anyone remember which organisation started the petition - would be useful to know. The online petition provides a name, but I'm sure I read on here the organisation concerned. Just skimmed through all posts here but cannot find it.
    Most petitions of this kind are by people that don't do any research and just type a load of unfounded bull and people follow like sheep and sign it .

I'm not saying the Info in this one is bull but some things can be pulled apart as I have done numerous times on here when people type out loads of stuff but they have not looked at the facts as per the license scheme up here and the number of licenses issued and they then claim there is 400.000 + unlicensed airgun owners up here because only 30.000 licenses have been issued .

There is nowhere near that number of unlicensed airguns here due to people with FAC and SGC license being able to possess and use them until their firearms or shotgun license needs renewed plus some people own more than one airgun

that is why petitions like this when required are better left to the people that KNOW the full fact before setting one up and then having it looked on as an informed request rather than an airgun owner that does not know the facts and making himself look uninformed .

I would have thought that if from an organisation it would have said by his name, I don't recognise the name as one I've heard before so probably "a concerned citizen".

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I would have thought that if from an organisation it would have said by his name, I don't recognise the name as one I've heard before so probably "a concerned citizen".
    Found it in THIS thread. The thread suggests that the petition was launched by the BSSC, however the link to the NSRA website states that BSSC forwarded the petition (i.e. maybe not necessarily launched it). Interestingly the NSRA website (rightly or wrongly) refers to 'proposed legislation'. Given that the petition is supported by these organisations, it would be good to reciprocate by supporting the petition.
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 28-02-2018 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Typo NSRA

No mention of it of the BSSC web site.

Mind you nothing much of anything is mentioned on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No mention of it of the BSSC web site.

Mind you nothing much of anything is mentioned on their site.
    My conclusion also when I looked on the site.