Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    If i was sitting here with a few grands worth of airguns I too would be locking them in a gun cabinet .A £100 + on a gun cabinet is not much to pay to keep them safe in my eyes.

Would you a few grand lying under your bed in a shoe box?
    Perhaps you should see the size of the houses that we city dewllers live in. Room for a well hidden gun cabinet or two? I don't think so.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Perhaps you should see the size of the houses that we city dewllers live in. Room for a well hidden gun cabinet or two? I don't think so.

A.G
    I'm in a 2 bedroom flat . And mine is hidden and no it's not in my loft area either and it's not in the spare bedroom either . so even if I was in a 1 bed flat it can be done .

I'm in a 2 bedroom flat . And mine is hidden and no it's not in my loft area either and it's not in the spare bedroom either . so even if I was in a 1 bed flat it can be done .
    Behind the bath panel? Under the floor boards? I've tried the cavity wall job but a bugger to get in and out....and I'm skinny....

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Behind the bath panel? Under the floor boards? I've tried the cavity wall job but a bugger to get in and out....and I'm skinny....
    Don't have a bath ,It was taken out 5 year ago and a low level shower fitted . And there is not enough space under the floorboards or the cavity walls .

I could be in a airing cupboard though . It could be in the kitchen pantry cupboard or next to the combi boiler (its not) And it could be screwed to the floor under the bed .

If you need to fit one , You will find a space

Small guns aren't a problem, but most of my single rigs would take up a 3 gun cabinet, and I've got quite a few.

Firearms cabinets are not mandatory even for FAC. Read the HO guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Small guns aren't a problem, but most of my single rigs would take up a 3 gun cabinet, and I've got quite a few.

Firearms cabinets are not mandatory even for FAC. Read the HO guidance.
    I don't think there would be many forces that would not specify a cabinet for firearms especially if you live in a city like manchester

Yes you could have a gun room but if you have no space for a gun cabinet then you would have no space for a gun room either .

At present there is no legislation to say you need one for airguns (excluding FAC air) any way even up here . Some people are jumping the gun before there has even been a review .

Time to either to set up your own cabinet manufacturing company or at least take out shares in one?

I would hope not...

I don't think there would be many forces that would not specify a cabinet for firearms especially if you live in a city like manchester

Yes you could have a gun room but if you have no space for a gun cabinet then you would have no space for a gun room either .

At present there is no legislation to say you need one for airguns (excluding FAC air) any way even up here . Some people are jumping the gun before there has even been a review .
    There's no legislation that says you need them for FAC full stop. There's HO guidance which also allows for them not to be used. Have a read. I know people in towns with neither rooms or cabinets.

I've got more room for a gun room than a gun cabinet. My property only has 2 walls that I could put a cabinet into, neither would be large enough for a cabinet though and certainly not enough for a cabinet for all my rifles.

The correspondence & questionnaire from the HO (which I was asked to give opinion on) specifically asks 10 questions and states they are issues the review is looking at. Here are four of them.

Are existing controls on storage and safe-keeping of air weapons sufficient?

What is your view on making the use of trigger locks, securicords or lockable cabinets for air weapons compulsory?

Should air weapons in England and Wales be subject to a licensing regime?

If you think air weapons should be licensed, how should a licensing system be managed and enforced?

Well the petiiton now stands at 10302. Any bets how far it would go from here or it is maxed out?

A.G

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Given the limited police resources, and the large numbers of airguns, I really can't see them inspecting all those cabinets.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

A.G
    Nothing that says it must be hidden , if possible not visible to a casual visitor, which to me is someone stood at the front door.

Other than that bolted to any solid wall.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Nothing that says it must be hidden , if possible not visible to a casual visitor, which to me is someone stood at the front door.

Other than that bolted to any solid wall.
    That part was meant to keep the dearest happy when I was going for my FAC. I don't want to see the bloody thing, she said .

A.G

Probably going way off the original topic now but mine are on the wall fixed with locks through the trigger guards but I also have a cabinet which they can go into if I want them really secure including the scopes. I only have the cabinet because I used to hold FAC rated rifles but I kept it as it makes a nice safe and I have the space for it. Tbh I'd not be happy leaving a 3k rifle/scope in a case which could just be removed by a thief. It's probably the most expensive single item in the house come to think of it.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    Probably going way off the original topic now but mine are on the wall fixed with locks through the trigger guards but I also have a cabinet which they can go into if I want them really secure including the scopes. I only have the cabinet because I used to hold FAC rated rifles but I kept it as it makes a nice safe and I have the space for it. Tbh I'd not be happy leaving a 3k rifle/scope in a case which could just be removed by a thief. It's probably the most expensive single item in the house come to think of it.
    I think that I might have given the impression that I am against cabinets. This is not so. I just said that in my case and the small house that I live in there is not much room anywhere to house a cabinet.

A.G

I think that I might have given the impression that I am against cabinets. This is not so. I just said that in my case and the small house that I live in there is not much room anywhere to house a cabinet.

A.G
    Do you live on a boat?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.