Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Done, tell everyone when we reach 100,000 it will go to debate, put up the link on your club notice boards. shall be doing mine for Sunday coming.

Done (2206)

Done (2217)
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Thats it Done
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Anyone able to post on other forum's??
    WOC, StB, AAOC, DOC etc..
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Quote Originally Posted by echo1974 View Post
    What would licensing mean, and how would it effect us all, for air gun shooting in england? thanks m
    How can anyone answer a question about something that has not been proposed and therefore has no terms or conditions ??

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Better stay one step ahead. The reply from the Countryside Alliance to the more comprehensive questionaire that were sent to them by the review team confirms that both BASC and the Countryside Alliance fear that on the back of this unnecessary ' review ' air gun licensing is on the governments agenda. I bet that the questionaire thay they sent to the airgun manufacturers and importers also has some tricky points to answer.

A.G
    Except that if the response is as pathetic as my poll on replying to the consultation, then the Govt will see that they have nothing to worry about if they were considering it so will be more inclined to push ahead

Whoever started the petition is an utter fool who has not thought things through, it should be cancelled until there is a proposal with terms & conditions that can be disputed.

Done, also sent a reasoned email to my MP, no aggressiveness in it, just calmly pointing out why I'm against it (I use them for ratting & FT - 'Vermin control & sporting use' - vermin control as it's selective & doesn't introduce poison into the food chain 'environmentally friendly') plus the workload put onto already stretched police forces.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    How can anyone answer a question about something that has not been proposed and therefore has no terms or conditions ??

Except that if the response is as pathetic as my poll on replying to the consultation, then the Govt will see that they have nothing to worry about if they were considering it so will be more inclined to push ahead

Whoever started the petition is an utter fool who has not thought things through, it should be cancelled until there is a proposal with terms & conditions that can be disputed.
    By the time we wait for the proposal it will be too late. Lets grab every airgun owner by the scruff of the neck and get them to sign it. Enough of this waiting for the authorities to decide what to do and then give us token ' consultation ' .

A.G

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Signed 2875.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Done 2902

Thumbs up

It took seconds so there's no reason not to sign

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Just done it only took under a min!

Done done

All done its not enough we need more surly every member on here will put there name to it even our Scottish fellow shooters we did try to help you thanks for the link

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    ​.
    signed.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.