Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    This one only needs clicking so even lazy bums , should manage to put their name down to it.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/211656

A.G
    Done signed
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    Done signed
    Thank you.

A.G

"Lord Kennedy of Southwark Opposition Whip (Lords), Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs), Shadow Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government), Shadow Spokesperson (Housing)
    My Lords, the Minister is correct in saying that we have some of the strongest gun laws in the world. However, they are still not strong enough. In the hands of irresponsible people these weapons can kill; she mentioned the tragic case of Benjamin Wragge. An 18 month-old child in the constituency of my honourable friend Karin Smyth in the other place was injured by an air weapon recently. We need a responsible licensing system, and will the Minister look at the whole question of storage? The current advice is that these weapons can be stored in a locked cupboard, which is not good enough. "

Can someone please tell this fool that no law is going to make ' irresponsible ' people turn responsible. There is nothing wrong with the law as it is but that it can not be policed. More laws that can not be policed will make a mockery of the law, criminal justice and policing apparatus of the country.
    Jumping on the bandwagon of emotional blackmail to appease the ill informed public is not the correct way of addressing any problem nor demonising tens of thousands of decent and ' responsible ' air gunners because of the actions of a handful of idiots would stop tragedies such the three that they are going on about.

A.G

Baroness Williams of Trafford seems to have her head screwed on, unlike some of these other unelected, over privileged lot. She mentions the large level of response to the review which I bloody well hope are mainly from the shooting community.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    Baroness Williams of Trafford seems to have her head screwed on, unlike some of these other unelected, over privileged lot. She mentions the large level of response to the review which I bloody well hope are mainly from the shooting community.
    Don't hold your breath . The huge response will be be from the furball brigade I know my neighbour sent in a response and she works part time for the cats protection here And had it on her facebook page asking her friends to respond in favour of the furballs .

And she knows I shoot airguns .
    Last edited by bighit; 13-03-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Can someone please tell this fool that no law is going to make ' irresponsible ' people turn responsible. There is nothing wrong with the law as it is but that it can not be policed. More laws that can not be policed will make a mockery of the law, criminal justice and policing apparatus of the country.
    Jumping on the bandwagon of emotional blackmail to appease the ill informed public is not the correct way of addressing any problem nor demonising tens of thousands of decent and ' responsible ' air gunners because of the actions of a handful of idiots would stop tragedies such the three that they are going on about
    Never a truer word spoken...
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Done!

Done. But there aren't any plans to introduce licensing
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Done. But there aren't any plans to introduce licensing
    Better stay one step ahead. The reply from the Countryside Alliance to the more comprehensive questionaire that were sent to them by the review team confirms that both BASC and the Countryside Alliance fear that on the back of this unnecessary ' review ' air gun licensing is on the governments agenda. I bet that the questionaire thay they sent to the airgun manufacturers and importers also has some tricky points to answer.

A.G

Better stay one step ahead. The reply from the Countryside Alliance to the more comprehensive questionaire that were sent to them by the review team confirms that both BASC and the Countryside Alliance fear that on the back of this unnecessary ' review ' air gun licensing is on the governments agenda. I bet that the questionaire thay they sent to the airgun manufacturers and importers also has some tricky points to answer.

A.G
    True and good to stay proactive. The BASC and CA might not see it as being on the agenda but just want to firmly stamp it out at this stage. When I last spoke to the BASC, they didn't see it as on the agenda at the moment but things could have changed..hope not.

I'm going to write to my MP again and talk to my local shop about getting onto our MP. The petition is certainly another way to demonstrate numbers to the government. If you circulate it around the forums and Facebook's groups etc I think we'll get numbers but fear the 10,000 signatures might be hard to hit. Don't know why, but the review responses wasn't as good as I'd expected. Hopefully I'm proved wrong and it's meet
    Danny

True and good to stay proactive. I'm going to write to my MP again and talk to my local shop about getting onto our MP. The petition is certainly another way to demonstrate numbers to the government. If you circulate it around the forums and Facebook's groups etc I think we'll get numbers but fear the 10,000 signatures might be hard to hit. Don't know why, but the review responses wasn't as good as I'd expected. Hopefully I'm proved wrong and it's meet
    Good on you my friend. We really need to stay sharp and together now.

A.G

when scotland done it, it just had to come down here,

Done
    Les.

Quote Originally Posted by echo1974 View Post
    What would licensing mean, and how would it effect us all, for air gun shooting in england? thanks m
    How can anyone answer a question about something that has not been proposed and therefore has no terms or conditions ??

A.G
    Except that if the response is as pathetic as my poll on replying to the consultation, then the Govt will see that they have nothing to worry about if they were considering it so will be more inclined to push ahead

Whoever started the petition is an utter fool who has not thought things through, it should be cancelled until there is a proposal with terms & conditions that can be disputed.

Done, also sent a reasoned email to my MP, no aggressiveness in it, just calmly pointing out why I'm against it (I use them for ratting & FT - 'Vermin control & sporting use' - vermin control as it's selective & doesn't introduce poison into the food chain 'environmentally friendly') plus the workload put onto already stretched police forces.