Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Done
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Don't often pop in on here but thought I'd check to see if anyone had posted this petition.

Good to see you guys signing.
    If we don't sign now and at least show some solidarity we can't really moan when another stupid government/MP/parliament led idea gets pushed on our sport.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    By the time we wait for the proposal it will be too late. Lets grab every airgun owner by the scruff of the neck and get them to sign it. Enough of this waiting for the authorities to decide what to do and then give us token ' consultation ' .

A.G
    How

I've signed it, but if it only gets a few thousand names then the Gov is going to say "fine if we're only going to piss off that few people we'll have the licence"

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    How

I've signed it, but if it only gets a few thousand names then the Gov is going to say "fine if we're only going to piss off that few people we'll have the licence"
    I initially thought it was too soon. But if it doesn't reach 10,000 it doesn't get a response from the government. I doubt they even check low response petitions and therefore won't even know it exists, let alone use it against us. However, if we get over 10,000 then that's a good proportion of people against licensing to make them take stock. Therefore I don't think this will do us any harm.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    I initially thought it was too soon. But if it doesn't reach 10,000 it doesn't get a response from the government. I doubt they even check low response petitions and therefore won't even know it exists, let alone use it against us. However, if we get over 10,000 then that's a good proportion of people against licensing to make them take stock. Therefore I don't think this will do us any harm.
    If it doesn't reach the required number we simply deserve to be licensed.

A.G

Sock It To 'Em

Signed last night - as soon as this thread appeared. It only took a few minutes so worthwhile taking the time to do.

Yes, it does seem too early, as there are no firm plans for licensing. On the other hand it appears there has been other petitions against airguns, so why not give your rebuttal now

As said, it needs to be a substantial response, not like the limp wristed response to the recent consultation

Over 40,000 BBS members, assuming only 25% are active members/interested in airguns, then there is the potential for 10,000 signatures - no excuse over the 6 month window. Add that to numbers from other forums (e.g. AGF).

Remember that some members have family and friends that are airgunners, so are also eligible to sign (name, e.mail and post code criteria required).

We do not want a fiasco like THIS inflicting on us
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 08-02-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    If it doesn't reach the required number we simply deserve to be licensed.

A.G
    Just means that there aren't as many serious airgunners out there as we thought. Not that we deserve licensing. All the evidence suggests we're a low risk, safety conscious section of society. Licensing is really not needed and would be disastrous!

I think we'll get a good response. It's just getting it circulated that's the thing.

Back to the review too. If they ever release response numbers, I think we'll be surprised how many people responded against further restrictions. I know the antis get the numbers in their outlandish petitions which have no evidence backing them up. But to construct a logical, evidence based response/letter for a consultation is another thing. Remember the response to the Scottish consultation, I remember replying and there were a lot against that but unfortunately the SNP were hell bent on implementing it anyway as it was a manifesto promise. This isn't the case south of the border and hopefully the UK government make a sensible decision after this review.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Done.

Added

I cant believe this has not made the required number of names by now? Mark my words they will be lots who will whish they added they name if this go's the we don't want it to yes they might be many who don't mind having a "air weapon licence" as they already have some form of fac or shotgun ticket but they will plenty who don't and will not be approved to get one this shouldn't mean they cant have or shoot a airgun safely like they have done since the dawn of time come on get the number of names up lets all stand together weather you shoot full bore--shotguns or airguns right down to airsoft--paintball targets or pest-control---- unite and show that we are all the same

done.

Signed.

Done! It's currently at 3801 signatures
    Arte et marte.
    Brocock Compatto Target .177 - Hawke Airmax 3-12x50SF
    BSA R10se BP laminate .177 - Hawke Sidewinder 10x42SF

It was 3709 last night when a mate sent me a text link. Pitiful that it’s gained less than a thousand names in that time...

Come on lads
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Signed yesterday -- keep 'em coming!