Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Done.

Done !

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    I cant believe this has not made the required number of names by now?.....
    4032 now. It appeared to have started on the 6th Feb (6 month deadline of 7th August), so not too bad at this early stage.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    I cant believe this has not made the required number of names by now? Mark my words they will be lots who will whish they added they name if this go's the we don't want it to yes they might be many who don't mind having a "air weapon licence" as they already have some form of fac or shotgun ticket but they will plenty who don't and will not be approved to get one this shouldn't mean they cant have or shoot a airgun safely like they have done since the dawn of time come on get the number of names up lets all stand together weather you shoot full bore--shotguns or airguns right down to airsoft--paintball targets or pest-control---- unite and show that we are all the same
    Why would they be approved to get one ?

Health issues ? There is at least two people on here that were knocked back for an AWL here due to depression . they fought their cases and won . They now have a license to own airguns and use them.

Criminal records ? if they have commited a crime and done time (certain amount) they are banned from owning any type of firearms at present including airguns .

Possession of firearms by persons previously convicted of crime - prohibited persons.
    Under Section 21 of the Firearms Act 1968 any person who has been sentenced (anywhere in the UK)
    to a term of imprisonment, youth custody or detention in a young offenders institution for a period of
    more than three months but less than three years is subject to a five year prohibition from having any
    firearm or ammunition in his possession. A person who has been sentenced to a term of imprisonment
    or youth custody for a period in excess of three years is prohibited for life.
    Suspended sentences do not
    attract any prohibition.

https://basc.org.uk/wp-content/plugi...load.php?id=53

So if they meet the criteria that says they are prohibited to own firearms then they are breaking the law any way so they should not have them even thought there is not license scheme in place at present .

If the above is not what your are meaning, Then please explain what you mean.

I don't agree with licensing either but we had it thrust upon us.

I have signed the petition but not received the email to confirm.

Yes Done.

Done!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Maybe its in your spam/junk mail box? You need to click the link in the email for it to register your signature on the petition.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    Maybe its in your spam/junk mail box? You need to click the link in the email for it to register your signature on the petition.
    Was not in either . Will try again.

Tried 3 times and its still not sending me the confirmation email.
    Last edited by bighit; 09-02-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Why would they be approved to get one ?

Health issues ? There is at least two people on here that were knocked back for an AWL here due to depression . they fought their cases and won . They now have a license to own airguns and use them.

Criminal records ? if they have commited a crime and done time (certain amount) they are banned from owning any type of firearms at present including airguns .

Possession of firearms by persons previously convicted of crime - prohibited persons.
    Under Section 21 of the Firearms Act 1968 any person who has been sentenced (anywhere in the UK)
    to a term of imprisonment, youth custody or detention in a young offenders institution for a period of
    more than three months but less than three years is subject to a five year prohibition from having any
    firearm or ammunition in his possession. A person who has been sentenced to a term of imprisonment
    or youth custody for a period in excess of three years is prohibited for life.
    Suspended sentences do not
    attract any prohibition.

https://basc.org.uk/wp-content/plugi...load.php?id=53

So if they meet the criteria that says they are prohibited to own firearms then they are breaking the law any way so they should not have them even thought there is not license scheme in place at present .

If the above is not what your are meaning, Then please explain what you mean.

I don't agree with licensing either but we had it thrust upon us.

I know of three folks who used to have FAC air, but all lost them due to being diagnosed with depression (& are still under the docs for it), so what's the chances of them getting an air rifle licence without a lot of bother - even though it does them good to get out shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    I know of three folks who used to have FAC air, but all lost them due to being diagnosed with depression (& are still under the docs for it), so what's the chances of them getting an air rifle licence without a lot of bother - even though it does them good to get out shooting?
    Each case if different . and dealt with diferently

Evidence here .

Knocked back
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=tonka
    appeal won
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=tonka

OOPS that member was diabetic .But it still shows they will listen if they knock you back health wise. They did in his case.

This one is depression related
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ght=depression

"up date hooray
    Update, Hooray!
    Well, after trying to contact the police, then Emailing BASC, I got a reply from BASC to say they were going to see the AWL team, and would raise my case with them. I got a mail back the next day to say he had spoken to them, that my licence had been approved and it would be with me in a few days. "

And i know of others that got knocked for depression and they too won their cases .

Every one will have a different case .
    Last edited by bighit; 09-02-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Was not in either . Will try again.

Tried 3 times and its still not sending me the confirmation email.
    The map on the webpage shows there have been signatures from Scotland, so your post code should not be causing a problem. Maybe it has a problem with your e.mail address?

Now 4201.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    The map on the webpage shows there have been signatures from Scotland, so your post code should not be causing a problem. Maybe it has a problem with your e.mail address?

Now 4201.
    Cant see it being my email address as i signed another petition from their site and got the reply with in minutes .

Emptied my spam and trash and checked again ,Nothing .tried and re-did the petition and it accepted me and still no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    I have written about this before, that the inclusion of the term ' mental illness or disability ' on any licensing application is another catch all phrase for refusal. Show me a single person in the UK who has not suffered from one form of depression or another at some stage of their lives. Quite a few years ago when I went to my GP because I was always fatigued and told him that I had a lot of pressure at work he suggested some mild antidepressants that I kindly refused. Had I siad yes please then it would have been on record that I was prescribed antidepressants, additionally quite a lot of compund pain killing tablets do contain some sort of happy pill elements so if you were on pain killers watch out.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I have written about this before, that the inclusion of the term ' mental illness or disability ' on any licensing application is another catch all phrase for refusal. Show me a single person in the UK who has not suffered from one form of depression or another at some stage of their lives. Quite a few years ago when I went to my GP because I was always fatigued and told him that I had a lot of pressure at work he suggested some mild antidepressants that I kindly refused. Had I siad yes please then it would have been on record that I was prescribed antidepressants, additionally quite a lot of compund pain killing tablets do contain some sort of happy pill elements so if you were on pain killers watch out.

A.G
    Lots of antidepressants are used as painkillers for chronic illness .

Tricyclic antidepressants
    Tricyclic antidepressants are the most common type of antidepressant used for pain. They include:

Amitriptyline
    Imipramine (Tofranil)
    Clomipramine (Anafranil)
    Doxepin
    Nortriptyline (Pamelor)
    Desipramine (Norpramin)

plus others

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/shot-gun...wnership-50713

In assessing the case for a shotgun certificate, any licensing manager must apply the basic legal test of “Can this person be allowed to possess a shotgun without danger to the public safety or to the peace”? On the national risk- assessment matrix, someone with mild depression is considered a medium risk, while someone with serious depression is classed as a high risk. It is likely that, if you are classified as high risk, you will be asked voluntarily to give up your guns and certificates pending an investigation.

Not automatically barred
    The Home Office recognises that depression is not an automatic bar to being granted a certificate and says so in its Guide at 12.26: “The fact that a person has received treatment in the past for certain illnesses or conditions, such as depression or stress, does not make them automatically unfit/unsuitable to possess a firearm. It is one of the factors to be considered with all other evidence relating to the applicant’s character and history.

“In such cases, account should be taken of the latest medical opinion, and particular attention should be paid to whether this suggests the condition is liable to recur.”

Each case has to be taken on its merits. Any arbitrary decision could constitute discrimination against a disabled person. Seek professional help and be truthful about your condition. Admitting you suffer from it is the first stage in beating it.