Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Better stay one step ahead. The reply from the Countryside Alliance to the more comprehensive questionaire that were sent to them by the review team confirms that both BASC and the Countryside Alliance fear that on the back of this unnecessary ' review ' air gun licensing is on the governments agenda. I bet that the questionaire thay they sent to the airgun manufacturers and importers also has some tricky points to answer.

A.G
    Yes it did
    You want it fixed when??!

Better stay one step ahead. The reply from the Countryside Alliance to the more comprehensive questionaire that were sent to them by the review team confirms that both BASC and the Countryside Alliance fear that on the back of this unnecessary ' review ' air gun licensing is on the governments agenda. I bet that the questionaire thay they sent to the airgun manufacturers and importers also has some tricky points to answer.

A.G
    Yes it did.
    You want it fixed when??!

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Why would they be approved to get one ?

Health issues ? There is at least two people on here that were knocked back for an AWL here due to depression . they fought their cases and won . They now have a license to own airguns and use them.

Criminal records ? if they have commited a crime and done time (certain amount) they are banned from owning any type of firearms at present including airguns .

Possession of firearms by persons previously convicted of crime - prohibited persons.
    Under Section 21 of the Firearms Act 1968 any person who has been sentenced (anywhere in the UK)
    to a term of imprisonment, youth custody or detention in a young offenders institution for a period of
    more than three months but less than three years is subject to a five year prohibition from having any
    firearm or ammunition in his possession. A person who has been sentenced to a term of imprisonment
    or youth custody for a period in excess of three years is prohibited for life.
    Suspended sentences do not
    attract any prohibition.

https://basc.org.uk/wp-content/plugi...load.php?id=53

So if they meet the criteria that says they are prohibited to own firearms then they are breaking the law any way so they should not have them even thought there is not license scheme in place at present .

If the above is not what your are meaning, Then please explain what you mean.

I don't agree with licensing either but we had it thrust upon us.

I have signed the petition but not received the email to confirm.
    They will be plenty of other reasons for people to be knocked back right down to a speeding ticket and there has been people had there tickets revoked due some medication being the same that some have to take for depression as for you signing the petition you haven't signed until you click the conformation email The quote you speck off are the guidelines set out by the home office to aid the police in there decision to approve your ticket but if they can find any reason to go against you they will Its good that we can share experiences with each other so we can try and sick together and hopefully help each and every one of us

will they ban all knives now?

it is everywhere the knife crime is on ascend. currently an 11 year old is fighting for her life.

soon people will be clubbing each other on this island. very civilized

where people are there is crime. there will be a tool too. always.

from the technical point of view, PCPs are happier to be run at around 18fpe, that is where .177 maxes out currently anyway. The technology moved on since the first springers.
    I am sure owners would not mind to be registered, but the high power threshold/limit should be closer to 18 or 30fpe. In the US it is 60fpe what is considered lethal. Are were here different physiologically?

This would stop the non ethical argument and would be easier to keep drifting up guns under limit. Is it in manufacturers interest too or? I thought we are in the same boat.
    Last edited by krisko; 09-02-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    They will be plenty of other reasons for people to be knocked back right down to a speeding ticket and there has been people had there tickets revoked due some medication being the same that some have to take for depression as for you signing the petition you haven't signed until you click the conformation email The quote you speck off are the guidelines set out by the home office to aid the police in there decision to approve your ticket but if they can find any reason to go against you they will Its good that we can share experiences with each other so we can try and sick together and hopefully help each and every one of us
    No one can say what guidelines they will follow until they issue then and that's if they do issue them, so its all assumption.
    Up here there was No home visit by the police ,There was no added security as in cabinets for storage so they did not follow the full FAC or SGC requirements .

My reference was not even contacted but that maybe because i have an FAC and SGC

As i have proven there is people with health issues that got knocked back and then appealed and won.

Convictions will be taken into consideration . I know a convicted drug dealer that did time and he has an FAC and SGC . convicted at 19 years old and got his SGC at 35 and got his FAC at 39. Convictions will depend on when they happened and the sentence they served .

I bet there is loads of SGC and FAC holders on here with speeding tickets

At present some medications can have your driving license revoked so its not just firearms license that get pulled for medication issues..

You wont know until you apply for an SGC ,FAC or AWL if you will be knocked back

I have signed the petition 5 times now and not received a confirmation. Its not the first time i have signed one of these petitions
    Last edited by bighit; 09-02-2018 at 06:01 PM.

There are no plans to license airguns in England & Wales.

Done, good idea, they already significantly limit the power

This one only needs clicking so even lazy bums , should manage to put their name down to it.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/211656

A.G
    Done, good idea, they already significantly limit the power for those without a FAC. Suspect if we have to register I'd for full FAC

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    There are no plans to license airguns in England & Wales.
    Read the Basc and Countryside Alliance communique to the airgun users.

A.G

Read the Basc and Countryside Alliance communique to the airgun users.

A.G
    You are petitioning the authorities to drop non existent proposals.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Went to petition went through name email etc clicked at end ,notice to finish click on link at email,but cannot do this. My mistake?
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Was not in either . Will try again.

Tried 3 times and its still not sending me the confirmation email.
    Then you probably made a mistake in the address

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Then you probably made a mistake in the address
    Nope . Correct one every time . Its not the first time i have had this issue on their site. I signed one the other day and it worked fine

Just tried it again and still no Reply.

Used my wifes account and she got a reply within a few mins. I'm still getting nothing.

Used my Old Gmail account and it came through . unless there is an issue from the petition site to yahoo (who sky use ) then i dont know what going on. I'm getting all my other Emails to yahoo though .
    Last edited by bighit; 09-02-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Petition

IM on Sky mine went through ok.

I have linked the petition to our club website, so people visiting are aware and can also vote if they wish the more that reply the more voices united, to many people sit on the sidelines and do bugger all. I do not want licensing on air rifles, not for me but for the majority of people that do not have their own permissions or land. I have my own land and have no problem with another licence, should it be forced upon us. But I find it unfair that we should be licenced when laws exist to implement any relevant law breakers now. The law abiding users do not have problem following them it will always be the few mindless idiots that spoil it for the rest of us. They break and flout the laws so why would licencing make any difference to them or the crimes they commit. I run an air rifle club for all the people that have no where to shoot. I do not need to get up early in the morning to put out targets and paint and maintain the place, as I have my own covered shooting range with targets out to 60 yards and a wood land course I can shoot any time.
    But I do it for the majority of people who are like minded and enjoy a great sport and pastime and are not as fortunate to have a safe pleasant environment to meet people and enjoy the sport.

Keep telling people to sign the petition, the more there is, the more they may listen when the time comes.

Nope . Correct one every time . Its not the first time i have had this issue on their site. I signed one the other day and it worked fine

Just tried it again and still no Reply.

Used my wifes account and she got a reply within a few mins. I'm still getting nothing.

Used my Old Gmail account and it came through . unless there is an issue from the petition site to yahoo (who sky use ) then i dont know what going on. I'm getting all my other Emails to yahoo though .
    I say that because I've done it myself, miss out a . or put a space between words & the site auto selects the address after 2 or 3 letters but it auto selects the same mistake each time.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I say that because I've done it myself, miss out a . or put a space between words & the site auto selects the address after 2 or 3 letters but it auto selects the same mistake each time.
    I have had that before too. All my email address is lower case but my phone kept putting a capital P in instead of lower case it took me three attempts to find that

Still No reply ,But i have signed it with my other account that i have not used since 2010.