Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

petition

Done

Signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Over 40,000 BBS members, assuming only 25% are active members/interested in airguns, then there is the potential for 10,000 signatures - no excuse over the 6 month window. Add that to numbers from other forums (e.g. AGF).
    There's a core of about 300-500 members who regularly visit. Many of them will have memberships on other airgun sites.

You'll never get to 10,000, but good luck any way.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    There's a core of about 300-500 members who regularly visit. Many of them will have memberships on other airgun sites.

The point of the petiton is to raise awareness amongst none active members of what is going on. If my example of the people that I know of is anything to go by quite a lot of active shooters ( not necessarily active members of any forum ) are quite unaware of the goings on. So please stop being negative and spread the word.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    The point of the petiton is to raise awareness amongst none active members of what is going on. If my example of the people that I know of is anything to go by quite a lot of active shooters ( not necessarily active members of any forum ) are quite unaware of the goings on. So please stop being negative and spread the word.

A.G
    Who's being negative?

What I've said of this forum is true.
    You've never had access to the admin database, where these numbers are, and I have.

Get off your high horse.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Did not know it was that low. Guess the 41 thousand members is historical, including everyone that has ever joined since the forum started (excluding those that have been banned ).

The signatures are up to 5056 now, so folk elsewhere are discovering the petition (for what it's worth).
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Did not know it was that low. Guess the 41 thousand members is historical, including everyone that has ever joined since the forum started (excluding those that have been banned ).

The signatures are up to 5056 now, so folk elsewhere are discovering the petition (for what it's worth).
    The regular members, who are on here often enough to see the petition, before it falls off page 1, are ~500.
    There are 40+k member accounts. This is different to the amount of regular posters.

I should have clarified that you won't get 10,000 signatures from this forum's membership alone.

Who's being negative?

What I've said of this forum is true.
    You've never had access to the admin database, where these numbers are, and I have.

Get off your high horse.
    Now now gentlemen, if we can not get on with each other for a common cause heaven help us, we deserve to have licensing forced upon us.

The regular members, who are on here often enough to see the petition, before it falls off page 1, are ~500.
    There are 40+k member accounts. This is different to the amount of regular posters.

I should have clarified that you won't get 10,000 signatures from this forum's membership alone.

Plus the fact you have to be a uk resident to sign the petition and possibly a fair number of members on here are outside of the uk

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Now now gentlemen, if we can not get on with each other for a common cause heaven help us, we deserve to have licensing forced upon us.
    Of course we can get on but we need to agree on a few basic facts first.
    Simply saying you won't get 10,000 votes from the membership of this site does not represent a negative stance, or one that is at odds with the intension.

Onwards...

Done xx

Of course we can get on but we need to agree on a few basic facts first.
    Simply saying you won't get 10,000 votes from the membership of this site does not represent a negative stance, or one that is at odds with the intension.

Onwards...
    Must agree with Snock, and admit to being a little concerned that folks are relying on seeing the results happening from just one forum - I, personally, have put the link up on two others, but have said elsewhere that something like this really needs support from all areas of the sport, right down to individuals from clubs 'pushing' it to other members & their families and if it goes any further towards licencing or even tighter controls, it'll then need the full support from not just the members of clubs, but the clubs committees, the regional organisations & the national organisations, hunters/pest controllers, and garden 'plinkers' - now, can anyone see that actually happening?

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Must agree with Snock, and admit to being a little concerned that folks are relying on seeing the results happening from just one forum - I, personally, have put the link up on two others, but have said elsewhere that something like this really needs support from all areas of the sport, right down to individuals from clubs 'pushing' it to other members & their families and if it goes any further towards licencing or even tighter controls, it'll then need the full support from not just the members of clubs, but the clubs committees, the regional organisations & the national organisations, hunters/pest controllers, and garden 'plinkers' - now, can anyone see that actually happening?
    The old saying if you do not ask you aint gonna find out, so ask all the above mentioned and see what happens won't hurt to ask. Spoke to 40 at club today they were not even aware of it. I made it easy for them by putting a link on the club web page, they were going to tell people they know so the more the merrier.

Done, the link to the petition has also been posted by someone to the ukguns subforum on reddit.

I don't ever think petitions like this could hit all active owners, unless there's an overall effort made to focus on the whole community and where those owners frequent.

Every owner needs pellets, so regardless if they use forums or even the internet you could technically hit the vast majority through out the country.

I think the only way for things like this to be successful, unless a 'body' that represents airgunners sets about it.
    Have airgun ambassadors, (I know many on here do this anyway) to target

Facebook groups, YouTube videos- (to make and share, major airgun channels), all forums, gun shops, any sports shop- that sell pellets, all uk online airgun businesses, all trade channels- for them to raise awareness via social media.

Sorry for the ramble