Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Drop Plans For Licensing Air Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    I don't ever think petitions like this could hit all active owners, unless there's an overall effort made to focus on the whole community and where those owners frequent.

Every owner needs pellets, so regardless if they use forums or even the internet you could technically hit the vast majority through out the country.

I think the only way for things like this to be successful, unless a 'body' that represents airgunners sets about it.
    Have airgun ambassadors, (I know many on here do this anyway) to target

Facebook groups, YouTube videos- (to make and share, major airgun channels), all forums, gun shops, any sports shop- that sell pellets, all uk online airgun businesses, all trade channels- for them to raise awareness via social media.

Sorry for the ramble
    This is no ramble but common sense approach. People are already pushing this petition on FB and through their shooting videos. If it fails it is not that people have not tried but that perhaps the a lot of people in airgun community as we know it, couldn't give a toss.

A.G

Thats me singed up

HI All, Thats me singed up, if we singe and it does come to licening air guns at least we tryed. atb bob.

Quote Originally Posted by fife View Post
    HI All, Thats me singed up, if we singe and it does come to licening air guns at least we tryed. atb bob.
    That's all we can do, Bob - is to TRY

bossmugler is offline More breaking even than breaking bad
    Just signed

Petition

Our local RFD DAI leisure has put a link on their web page. Well done just need a few more hundred to follow suit. to get it seen all over the country.

Now 6,736.

Get some in.

Some way to go to get to 10,000, should make that by August.

A long way to get to 100,000 nationwide...but there is time!
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Our local RFD DAI leisure has put a link on their web page. Well done just need a few more hundred to follow suit. to get it seen all over the country.
    Well everyone could print a notice with the address & ask their local RFD to display it for their customers to see & hopefully sign

Had I thought about it that would have been a good suggestion for the Home Office Consultation as well

Petition

Just read article in AGW official figures from scotland licensing one year on. estimated 500,00 air rifles only 20,000 were licensed. Estimated 6,000000 in England and Wales. Going by the amount signed petition so far either people think I won't bother enough will sign it. Or not enough people are aware of the petition to sign it. read some where that nearly 100,000 have signed to get licensing for air rifles. Wake up if we do nothing its going to happen.

Just read article in AGW official figures from scotland licensing one year on. estimated 500,00 air rifles only 20,000 were licensed. Estimated 6,000000 in England and Wales. Going by the amount signed petition so far either people think I won't bother enough will sign it. Or not enough people are aware of the petition to sign it. read some where that nearly 100,000 have signed to get licensing for air rifles. Wake up if we do nothing its going to happen.
    They won't be able to give a definite answer as to how many have been registered in scotland till 2021

"If I already have a firearm or shotgun certificate?
    If you are aged 14 or over and held a valid firearm and/or shotgun certificate on the 31st of December 2016, you won’t need to apply for a separate air weapon certificate until your existing licence expires.

When you renew your existing certificate you can apply for a new air weapon certificate at the same time, and you can ask to have them aligned so that they will all expire on the same date. If you are aligning your certificates in this way you will pay a reduced fee of £5.00 for the air weapon certificate.

If you want to buy or otherwise acquire a new air weapon before your current certificate expires you will need to apply for an air weapon certificate. This means that you can show the firearms dealer that you are authorised to purchase an air weapon."

http://airweapon.scot/faqs/

So you could possibly add another few thousand if not more after 2021

Plus the fact there may be people out there with huge collections and as they do not list your rifles serial numbers they may never know who owns whatever number of rifles they have in their collections .

so using figures from scotland is pointless until 2021
    Last edited by bighit; 15-02-2018 at 06:25 PM.

I haven't seen a petition to licence airguns which has reached over 100,000. That would have lead to a debate in parliament. I was under the impression this recent debate was brought up by the Bristol MP where the toddler was accidentally shot by that brain dead moron and followed the coroner's report into the Somerset boys tragic death. And that initiated the HO review
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    They won't be able to give a definite answer as to how many have been registered in scotland till 2021

"If I already have a firearm or shotgun certificate?
    If you are aged 14 or over and held a valid firearm and/or shotgun certificate on the 31st of December 2016, you won’t need to apply for a separate air weapon certificate until your existing licence expires.

When you renew your existing certificate you can apply for a new air weapon certificate at the same time, and you can ask to have them aligned so that they will all expire on the same date. If you are aligning your certificates in this way you will pay a reduced fee of £5.00 for the air weapon certificate.

If you want to buy or otherwise acquire a new air weapon before your current certificate expires you will need to apply for an air weapon certificate. This means that you can show the firearms dealer that you are authorised to purchase an air weapon."

http://airweapon.scot/faqs/

So you could possibly add another few thousand if not more after 2021

Plus the fact there may be people out there with huge collections and as they do not list your rifles serial numbers they may never know who owns whatever number of rifles they have in their collections .

so using figures from scotland is pointless until 2021
    According to the chap that wrote the article, he had a freedom of information request and out of the 20,053 that obtained licences 195 were refused. So sorry only quoting what I have read.

According to the chap that wrote the article, he had a freedom of information request and out of the 20,053 that obtained licences 195 were refused. So sorry only quoting what I have read.
    Is it clear how many of the applicants already had sgc or fac?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    I haven't seen a petition to licence airguns which has reached over 100,000. That would have lead to a debate in parliament. I was under the impression this recent debate was brought up by the Bristol MP where the toddler was accidentally shot by that brain dead moron and followed the coroner's report into the Somerset boys tragic death. And that initiated the HO review
    Again read it on one of the forums. Think he put the CPL or something like that had done a petition. He said if that many had signed for licensing going by the small amount that had signed against licensing we had a hill to climb.

That maybe so but the fact that there is possibly many thousands more being held on FAC and SGC licenses then the numbers are only based on licenses applied for , Not how many could eventually be issued .

There could be people out there with 100 - 200 airguns in their collections . It wont take man collectors with similar amounts in their collections to account for a fair amount of airguns

Just because who ever said there was 500.000 does not mean that number is true . It's a guesstimate at best . It could be less or it could be more .

As i said in my post above , The true number of licenses issued will not be know till 2021.
    Last edited by bighit; 15-02-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Question....

Would members prefer to spend over £70 on five year license (as in Scotland), or spend it elsewhere?

If the answer is elsewhere - you must have already signed the petition
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.