Thread: Scope Dial....ema!!

Scope Dial....ema!!

Right..., I've been rethinking my scope situation on my 77 & my r10... The meopta 4x32 is awsome but too low for the bolt & too expensive/ irreplaceable for my farm gun, the doctor is awesome but too high & the reticle is too thick. I have a diamondback 3-9 that is great but suffers from parralax at lower ranges (I've set it at the most usable distance 25yrds). I've decided to put the Meopta on my 77 or something else and get another 32 lens or a PA scope for my r10. I think I'd like a Plex/no4 on the r10 as its great in the farmyard but I'd like to also shoot at longer distances (75yrds) when I go to the bash or the range... So mmmmmmmmm I'm thinking maybe a tactical elevation turret can account for the infrequent long range plinking sessions... Anyone here use a Plex ret/ tac scope on a hunting rifle? How did you get on?
    And any suggestions on scopes that cover this?
    Im not really interested in bigger than 40mm, and the highest minimum magnification has to be a 4x or below & highest maximum mag 9/10. I'll take a 32mm or below fixed parallax or a 40mm with & I'd want a side adjustment if it is adjustable...

Thanks all
    Rhys
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 07-02-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

You're a massive scope nerd, Rhys. So anything anybody suggests is gonna be wrong.

I love your scope threads Rhys
    Last edited by Trumpetier; 08-02-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    You're a massive scope nerd, Rhys. So anything anybody suggests is gonna be wrong.
    https://goo.gl/images/Y1f8Gs
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I live your scope threads Rhys
    https://goo.gl/images/bGcUjh

Hi Rhys, hope you’re well mate.
    If I’ve read that correctly, then a Leupold 3-9x33 EFR with a Stoney Point turret pretty much ticks all of your boxes there. In fact, you can fit a Stoney Point turret to any of the older Leupold VX series - or if you’re lucky find one of the old Vari-x series (4-12x40, fixed 6, 6-18 etc) that use Leopold’s own target turrets (but whip the windage turret off and fit a low profile turret cover).
    If you want to splash out further, have a look at a Sightron 1-7x24.

As per the Meopta I advised many moons ago, you can thank me when you see me next
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Hi Rhys, hope you’re well mate.
    If I’ve read that correctly, then a Leupold 3-9x33 EFR with a Stoney Point turret pretty much ticks all of your boxes there. In fact, you can fit a Stoney Point turret to any of the older Leupold VX series - or if you’re lucky find one of the old Vari-x series (4-12x40, fixed 6, 6-18 etc) that use Leopold’s own target turrets (but whip the windage turret off and fit a low profile turret cover).
    If you want to splash out further, have a look at a Sightron 1-7x24.

As per the Meopta I advised many moons ago, you can thank me when you see me next
    Yes.... EFR definitely does the biz but I'm still in the "it's too expensive for the farm" category. I've even thought a vx2 with a cds turret made in the custom shop would totally fit the bill but unfortunately I want it to be under £200 if I can...I like the look of the Nikon prostaff "p-rimfire" series but I can't find a Plex Ret in this country for less than £260 which is a rip off as uttings have the STD 2-7 at £134 & it's the same minus the turrets.
    Man this would be so easy in America!!

Ah, I didn’t realise you were working to a budget - I’ll give it some more thought but I’d personally save an extra £75 or so and keep an eye on the second hand section.

Budget scope

MTC Connect as base scope or Burris compact with BDC ret perhaps ?

Hold out for a used Leupold EFR, 2-7x28, or a Vari-X 3 1.5-6x32. Or even an M8 4x28. Great optics. Should come under/around £200. As should a basic Vari-X 2/VX-1 3-9x40.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Right..., I've been rethinking my scope situation on my 77 & my r10... The meopta 4x32 is awsome but too low for the bolt & too expensive/ irreplaceable for my farm gun, the doctor is awesome but too high & the reticle is too thick. I have a diamondback 3-9 that is great but suffers from parralax at lower ranges (I've set it at the most usable distance 25yrds). I've decided to put the Meopta on my 77 or something else and get another 32 lens or a PA scope for my r10. I think I'd like a Plex/no4 on the r10 as its great in the farmyard but I'd like to also shoot at longer distances (75yrds) when I go to the bash or the range... So mmmmmmmmm I'm thinking maybe a tactical elevation turret can account for the infrequent long range plinking sessions... Anyone here use a Plex ret/ tac scope on a hunting rifle? How did you get on?
    And any suggestions on scopes that cover this?
    Im not really interested in bigger than 40mm, and the highest minimum magnification has to be a 4x or below & highest maximum mag 9/10. I'll take a 32mm or below fixed parallax or a 40mm with & I'd want a side adjustment if it is adjustable...

Thanks all
    Rhys
    Leupold 3X9X33 EFR should do it for you if you have about £450.00 available.

A.G

They’ve sold on here from £200 - £300.
    Brand new your best bet is to buy from the states as they still work out cheaper even if you get collared for import tax.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Look Rhys
    Just buy the 10x42 sidewinder for £150. Job done
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Ha ha! That's just like you that is, and your city boy fashion beard.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Look Rhys
    Just buy the 10x42 sidewinder for £150. Job done
    10x @ 8-15 yards in the dark ratting.... mmmmm... That's just a bonkers idea.. I'm not trying to count the rats hair follicles.

I bought one of these in the end:

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/n...ra-turret.html

I thought, nice Plex good for night vision, dialable so I can tape the elevation turret & mark the yardage myself., 32mm so no PX really required & nice Nikon glass... could be the perfect airgun scope... Really I should get a second one for the 77 if it works

Managed to find one cheaper than £260 too...