Thread: Webley asxor barrel shroud

Webley asxor barrel shroud

HI,
    A freind has a webley asxor, and the shroud that the silencer adaptor fits into has a hole machined in the top and air is escaping throo when firing, rendering the silencer pretty useless.
    Question IS? is this normal or? Should there be a cap or grommet/plug to fill this hole to stop the air escaping and reducing the noise? Or do,s he have a problem somewhere.

Thanks

Sounds like it's upside down. There's no hole machined in the top, but there is in the bottom. A screw goes through the fill port hole into this threaded hole to secure the front of the barrel to the air cylinder.
    Is the barrel secure at the front, or can you move it by pressing gently?

Yes there should be a Delrin grommet that fits into the hole,don’t know if chambers would have one.its not upside down,it’s just a cover for where the barrel removal screw is.

that makes sense, thanks i'll look around for one, cheers

Axsor

If I remember correctly the earlier Axsor had a female thread on the barrel shroud, the later models had a male thread. If it is the early model they came with an insert which had a tube with a male thread, this screwed into the shroud to cover the hole internally. The Webley Black Hole silencer had a similar set up so that when it was fitted the hole was covered

Update: I have just found the insert from mine. It is about 42mm long with a 15mm x 3mm knurled shoulder on one end, then threaded down the body for about 20mm, the tube extends for the remainder of the length of the insert. Sorry, I can't sell it as I need it for my rifle
    Last edited by ken69; 19-07-2019 at 04:08 PM.