Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting show at NEC

Shooting show at NEC

Anyone been to this in previous years? Is it worth the trip?
    Comments please guys

Not at the NEC but been to a couple in the last few years. Last one I went too was too busy.

However you get to have a go of a few guns and some of the deals can be quite good - not just with guns. Mate got himself a kitchen knife set with a 50% discount.

Probably the best show for air gunners to attend. Been every year since it premiered and always had a great time.
    I’m there with Shaun of ISP this year on the S&B stall, Shaun will have the new S&B FT scope on his Airstream, pop along and have a play.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

If you want a good day out surrounded by things 'shooting' then you should enjoy yourself. If you go expecting there to be massive discounts on everything you want then you will almost certainly be disappointed except maybe for clothing where discounts can be found; but maybe no more so than at a country fair. The 'have a go' area will in all probability have a range of springers and pcps but most likely not the new models about to be released for sale. Expect to pay dearly for the 'have a go' as well .. a 'go' may well equate to 5 shots for maybe £2 or more (???) shooting at 'tin chickens' at various distances. The scoped rifles may or may not have the scope zeroed. AA speed shoot (if there) is good fun, as is the IPAS against the clock shoot (if there) and also bell target (great fun if you choose an early BSA or Lincoln Jeffries). AA usually have their pellets and JSB at good prices. There may well be s/h air rifles available ... Cheshire (or is it Chester?) Gun Room is reasonable and you may well find other stalls with s/h stock away from the airgun hall.
    An opportunity to see and talk to the staff of the major companies but I admit to having been caught out a couple of times and asked a question only to be informed by the person I was asking that they knew nothing about the products and were only there on the stand for the show. That's life. And expect crowds on Sat and Sun.
    Cheers, Phil

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    If you want a good day out surrounded by things 'shooting' then you should enjoy yourself. If you go expecting there to be massive discounts on everything you want then you will almost certainly be disappointed except maybe for clothing where discounts can be found; but maybe no more so than at a country fair. The 'have a go' area will in all probability have a range of springers and pcps but most likely not the new models about to be released for sale. Expect to pay dearly for the 'have a go' as well .. a 'go' may well equate to 5 shots for maybe £2 or more (???) shooting at 'tin chickens' at various distances. The scoped rifles may or may not have the scope zeroed. AA speed shoot (if there) is good fun, as is the IPAS against the clock shoot (if there) and also bell target (great fun if you choose an early BSA or Lincoln Jeffries). AA usually have their pellets and JSB at good prices. There may well be s/h air rifles available ... Cheshire (or is it Chester?) Gun Room is reasonable and you may well find other stalls with s/h stock away from the airgun hall.
    An opportunity to see and talk to the staff of the major companies but I admit to having been caught out a couple of times and asked a question only to be informed by the person I was asking that they knew nothing about the products and were only there on the stand for the show. That's life. And expect crowds on Sat and Sun.
    Cheers, Phil
    I’d say come and try the free have a go range on the Highland Outdoors stand (A7), a 10m range with all the fun of the fair.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

I booked tickets yesterday *its free for your kids 15yrs and under so if you want to take the family it's not going to break the bank . So me and the wife are going I'm sure there will be a bar if she gets to bored !!
    I have been disappointed at alot of country/game shows in recent years so I tend to stick with this, the CLA and of course the Midlands.
    Im in the market for reloading kit so I have an idea of what im buying and what I want to spend I also hope to gain some useful tips on the subject. ( but I'll tempted by a cheap hw35
    If I see one)
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

I've been the last three years or so and had a nice time. Sadly my friends don't want to go this year so will probably be missing it's first year in the new venue.

It’s the only show worth going to now in my opinion. Gamefairs aren’t what they used to be now, and I can see them all going over the next 15years if things don’t drastically change

With all these comments I'm looking forward to this one, I normally only go to the Midland. Going on the Friday, so hopefully snap up all the bargains before the weekend!

I'm going for the first time this weekend, and I'll be on the lookout for a few things (optics mainly for my TX). Does anyone know if the traders there will be taking card payments, or is it cash only?

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    With all these comments I'm looking forward to this one, I normally only go to the Midland. Going on the Friday, so hopefully snap up all the bargains before the weekend!
    Nothing like the tat for sale fair which is the Midland. This is a serious shooting show but OTOH, don't expect to get bargains.

But what you will get is a face to face with many manufacturers and business who 'run' shooting in the UK. A 'must do' IMHO, but this of course depends on what you're after. If it's only 'bargains', i suspect you'll be disappointed.

I'll be there on Friday. I'm not looking for anything in particular just like to see what's about.
    Bob

I'll be there on Friday. Saturday & Sunday is always rammed!
    Loving the fact that it's now in a nice warm venue.
    Hope to see some of you there.
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.

I'll be there again, demoing Anschutz and kahles on the have a go range.

Matt

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    I'll be there on Friday. Saturday & Sunday is always rammed!
    Loving the fact that it's now in a nice warm venue.
    Hope to see some of you there.
    You’d better come and say hello again, it was the highlight of my weekend last time!
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!