Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shooting show at NEC

I am a bit 50/50 about it. I actually liked Stoneleigh. Ok it was rambling but it seemed to have more character and it felt more spacious in a way. Never had to queue to get in before and Friday was busier than I was expecting. I didnt get there sat til midday and was smoother to get in.

Its more planned in term of layout but some of the passges were a squeeze and crushed at times. Another hall would have alleviated the compression. It seemed smaller than Stoneleigh. Normally I do 2 days at Stoneleigh. 1 is not enough and 2 allows me to mop up and revisit. I felt I covered it in a day and I only had half a day today.

Sunday tends to go quite in the afternoon.

Looked like not enough stock was taken to the show and a lot of stands were bemoaning having to lug display and stock to the stands. Stoneleigh seemed to allow delivery closer to the stand. The 50 cal club certainly seemed to have longer arms on Friday.

I think the BSS os one of the better shows for sure.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Well I really enjoyed the show, was bloody hard work on the have a go area, but had a good laugh with Shaun from ISP, Craig from here and all the people I met.

Think the kahles scope and Anschutz rifle went down well with all who tried them.
    .roll on the next one.

Matt

All of the stand holders I spoke to seemed to prefer the NEC for the same reasons as me. Warmer, brighter, cleaner.

There were getting on for 350 stands, so I think pretty much the same as Stoneleigh??
    Yes, they were quite tightly packed in, but hopefully this issue and any other gripes they've received will be addressed before next year.
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.

nec

my frend went to the show on sunday -- he bought a air rifle an air arms tdr --when he got it home it was a bag of shite 800 quid for a bag of poop --- now he has no way of sorting it out as its a 200 mile trip to the shop -- on my opinion its a very poor designe a single stock mounting bolt and its pivoting around it
    never going to get a good shot groupe as its moving all over the place
    also he was told he would get a good 70 shots per charge when its more like 40
    he is well disappointed just wish he did some research first

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Well I really enjoyed the show, was bloody hard work on the have a go area, but had a good laugh with Shaun from ISP, Craig from here and all the people I met.

Think the kahles scope and Anschutz rifle went down well with all who tried them.
    .roll on the next one.

Matt
    Great spending a bit of time with you, mate.
    And that Kahles scope of yours is a beauty - certainly a damn sight better than something else I could mention...
    Hope to catch up with you again soon, Matt.
    All the best, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by clive s 400 View Post
    my frend went to the show on sunday -- he bought a air rifle an air arms tdr --when he got it home it was a bag of shite 800 quid for a bag of poop --- now he has no way of sorting it out as its a 200 mile trip to the shop -- on my opinion its a very poor designe a single stock mounting bolt and its pivoting around it
    never going to get a good shot groupe as its moving all over the place
    also he was told he would get a good 70 shots per charge when its more like 40
    he is well disappointed just wish he did some research first
    how is there no way of sorting it ? If brand new He could take to a local shop that deals with AA and they could send it back and get it checked out of the local dealer maybe a registered AA service agent .Any faults found and AA will pay for it I would assume .

And i'm sure even if it was bought second hand the gun dealer would have to give some warranty.
    Last edited by bighit; 20-02-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Like your good self ,I had a great time and enjoyed checking out the new guns on display .
    Handled the Sterling gas ram recoiless rifle,nice gun and the mk2 type webley replica, interesting .
    I'll see you in April mate.
    Atb
    Les..

Really hoping to have another look at this at our Kempton Fair next month, although we can not be compared to the massive NEC, we do get one or two airgunners along and the chap from Sterling did not rule it out....