Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filling Weihrauch HW100

Well played.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    True......but at least the OP had the 'nads to ask on here first, before trying for a Darwin award!

Cheers.

Roy.
    ^^Yep, agree^^. Best ask first, and that’s one of the reasons people join this forum
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWales View Post
    I've been scuba diving for over 35yrs so am fully aware of high pressure air hence my question for advice posted on this forum.
    A point I'm thankful for, It wasn't a dig at you, you asked!
    it was at the fact a person could get to that situation without having been made aware of what's required, but you've highlighted that, as I said before, this sort of issue is an accident looking for a place to happen, in that you knew the line would need to be vented, I wonder how many people only found that out when they came to try & disconnect.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Have a look here;

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/produ...charging-kits/

top row right could be what you need and;

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/produ...fill-adaptors/

4th row down, either of the quick coupler sockets and;

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/produ...its-and-parts/

QC03 quick coupler plug for your probe.

Hope this helps.
    ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Filling Weihrauch HW100

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWales View Post
    I've been scuba diving for over 35yrs so am fully aware of high pressure air hence my question for advice posted on this forum.
    Do diving fill valves not have line bleed screws then? Is that why your using a valve without a bleed screw? you can sometimes find good secondhand din fill valves on here in sales.I have a spare but its a clamp type 235 bar rated fitting.Not din unfortunatly.

if you take the cylinder off the gun, you can fit it to a the DIN bottle using one of the brass bits supplied with the gun.

The second brass bit is to degas the cylinder.

you don't need a whip and manometer really. just do it slowly. especially if you are filling from 300bar, you dont want full pressure in the cylinder, over 230 it may not be happy.
    i have done it in the past, and I am pretty sure i did not need any additional special tool to do this. the degasser tool has a restrictor in it it will never dump it so maybe the fill port is also slow fill. let us know.

probably you will need few spare 2.5x1.8mm o rings for the gun, the cylinder does not like to be taken off often, it will chew up the little o ring. If you have spare o rings, there is no problem. easy to replace.
    if you have a full size, you will be fine!
    Last edited by krisko; 09-02-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Do diving fill valves not have line bleed screws then? Is that why your using a valve without a bleed screw? you can sometimes find good secondhand din fill valves on here in sales.I have a spare but its a clamp type 235 bar rated fitting.Not din unfortunatly.
    No, bleed valves are only fitted to "surface valves"

The last thing you want while diving is a screw that if opened will let all your air out so you drown

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No, bleed valves are only fitted to "surface valves"

The last thing you want while diving is a screw that if opened will let all your air out so you drown
    I don't think letting the air out is as bad as letting the water in!
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!