Thread: Bell target - one club rifle for all to shoot - feasible?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think it'd be a good idea in principal to level the playing field & keep costs down.
    I use an hw30 myself for bell target & several other people have borrowed it & got good results & enjoyed themselves, on the other hand a lady borrowed it at bell target last week & couldn't get on with it at all so it maybe wouldn't suit everyone to have one gun for all.

Then theres left and right hookers.

When we dabbled with bell target shooting up at the club we tried to start a HW 30 league as several members owned examples.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

There surely is difference in poi. Some even a lót of difference (like waaaaaaaaay off)
    To prevent 'angry birds' I'd have everyone take their own gun with them. Its simply easiest; it avoids people blaming the gun
    Allthough I understand what you mean by low cost
    With a mildot scope aiming off may be a little easier. But dunno whether there are scopes that focus on such short distance
    ATB,
    yana

No scopes used for bell target shooting Yana - open sights (or diopters) only!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

If you used a BSA light pattern with open sights then it's perfectly feesable. People would just need to learn the dark art of 'aiming-off' to allow for the small differences in hold etc.
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!