Thread: Bell target - one club rifle for all to shoot - feasible?

Bell target - one club rifle for all to shoot - feasible?

Would it be possible to buy say, one HW30 and run bell target comp's with all competitors using the one rifle?

Or is it true that "everyone's eyes are different and a rifle zeroed for one won't be zeroed for another?"
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

I’ve tried to shoot with other people’s Bell target guns and it’s surprising the amount of difference in POI from one person to another.

I suppose if everyone had a good practice and knew if they needed to aim off and by how much it might work.

I’m sure you’d find that if people liked bell target they’d acquire their own gun in short order though. Hw30s don’t break the bank.

It's not so much the eye strength, as the hold and shape of head/position of eyes that change the recoil and sight line.

I think it'd be a good idea in principal to level the playing field & keep costs down.
    I use an hw30 myself for bell target & several other people have borrowed it & got good results & enjoyed themselves, on the other hand a lady borrowed it at bell target last week & couldn't get on with it at all so it maybe wouldn't suit everyone to have one gun for all.

Then theres left and right hookers.

When we dabbled with bell target shooting up at the club we tried to start a HW 30 league as several members owned examples.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

There surely is difference in poi. Some even a lót of difference (like waaaaaaaaay off)
    To prevent 'angry birds' I'd have everyone take their own gun with them. Its simply easiest; it avoids people blaming the gun
    Allthough I understand what you mean by low cost
    With a mildot scope aiming off may be a little easier. But dunno whether there are scopes that focus on such short distance
    ATB,
    yana

No scopes used for bell target shooting Yana - open sights (or diopters) only!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

If you used a BSA light pattern with open sights then it's perfectly feesable. People would just need to learn the dark art of 'aiming-off' to allow for the small differences in hold etc.
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!