Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look at the difference that 25 years make.

It was all springers back in my competition days with Ormsby air rifle club
    I remember seeing the first shamals and GC2s turn up the shamal was £390 and the GC2 £850

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Here is another one from the master himself. We all love to see him. A very well presented and explained technique if I may so myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sa7ODrtWMY

A.G
    Ah, the good old Airguns in Action! Days. Loved that series of videos

Good to see the late great Pat Farey also in there. Taken too soon and sadly missed.

As for the 1993 kit, lots of GC2's with Premier Reticule (Link Arms) Leupold's on top, so over a grand right there...in 93!

Holly says I look smooth in the second video... and he's right, day 2 was my best scoring day.

Days

Different day's then . the difference in kit was huge . if you had a good scope and rifle . you were in with a much better chance of winning something , or at least doing better . nowadays you can get advice from all over the place . loads of forums to tell you what to do and what not to do . then a lot of the top shots kept what they knew to them selves . they certainly would not give the time of day to an oik like me with a 22 BSA and a super moon lighter scope . as i had when i started in 89 . ??? HOLLY

PS i remember terrys last competitive year . he failed to qualify at the last GP . and that seemed to knock it out of him . still the mags gained him .

PSS but don't count the old kit out . cos a good GC2 or a Ripper can still do it . with the right man behind it . as ever .
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Damn those modern pffttt guns

Where's the 80's video ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

Where's the 80's video ?
    Dunno, but got some very dubious photos of me and my mates from the mid 1970s with flairs and hair like you wouldn't believe mucking about with our Meteors over the meads marshes near where we lived during the school summer holidays of (I think) 1975/6 ... Blimey, can you imagine if any kids did that these days ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Here is another one from the master himself. We all love to see him. A very well presented and explained technique if I may so myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sa7ODrtWMY

A.G
    Great video - just tried it out !
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Going

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

Where's the 80's video ?
    There was one going around with calps and tim findley playing foot ball at a shoot . laugh i could have died . ??? HOLLY

If

If you would like to see terry doe and dave welham on camera talking FT of Old . go onto the airgunforum.net . go to the old BFTA forum bit . look for FT the way it was and see terry talking about how he got shot in the lunch box ??? HOLLY