Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite custom springer

Favourite custom springer

Abit of fun folks. This may surprise a few folks but my favourite custom springer is.....
    Airmasters HW77K FTS. Yes it's not a venom!! That's 2nd. Venom trophy 77 FTX.
    I remember reading John Avons report back in the day and always wanting one. Having held and tried John's old rifle it really was the dog's.
    Don't make them like that anymore as the FTS stock was my favourite custom stock of all time.
    Mach 1.5

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I want my uncles Venom HW80 Custom Tyrolean, but he will never sell it. I do get to use it though. I would love to find an Airmasters Mastersport Chameleon for reasonable money when I'm not skint!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Yep have to agree the Airmasters FTS was always a looker... Only ever seen one..

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Abit of fun folks. This may surprise a few folks but my favourite custom springer is.....
    I remember reading John Avons report back in the day and always wanting one. Having held and tried John's old rifle it really was the dog's.
    Don't make them like that anymore as the FTS stock was my favourite custom stock of all time.
    Mach 1.5
    I've only ever owned one true custom springer and thats my Venom Arms .22 Sidewinder Varminter modelled on the Webley Tomahawk which you kindly helped me to identify a few years back !
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think only a few were made and I feel very lucky to own it !
    I certainly can't see me ever parting with it.
    “An airgun or two”………

This is my mastersport chameleon FTS. Only 9 made and this being number 6 written on a silver hallmarked plaque.
    Words can't describe how lucky I feel to own this masterpiece. My best mate has a mastersport chameleon FT which was the last one built, number 9. We do know where there is another FTS which we are trying to get, time will tell.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/124581.../shares/JKs89n
    Fozzy

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.
    B&M bull pup tx200.....always wanted one but money and rareity dictates otherwise
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

Venom "Varminter" does it for me on a carbine 80 or 77K. The thumbhole is actually not the most functional stock, and makes disengaging the safety fiddly and slow, but there's just something about the looks.

Also, Venom BSF Bavaria.

Then, anything custom FWB124/127. Maybe a 1970s Air Rifle Headquarters ARH-120X, just to be different.

Always tended myself to hunters, rather than the full-on FT style of the Airmasters guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Venom "Varminter" does it for me on a carbine 80 or 77K. The thumbhole is actually not the most functional stock, and makes disengaging the safety fiddly and slow, but there's just something about the looks.

Also, Venom BSF Bavaria.

Then, anything custom FWB124/127. Maybe a 1970s Air Rifle Headquarters ARH-120X, just to be different.

Always tended myself to hunters, rather than the full-on FT style of the Airmasters guns.
    I have one of those too, mach1.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/124581.../shares/BQaS28
    Fozzy

All of the above mentioned are lovely.

And those pictured are truly scrumptious.

I'd love a Mach 1 or 2 one day, although I doubt it'll ever happen.

And an '80 Varminter.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Mach 1.5
    Best of both worlds here: Venom Mach 1 77 in an AirMasters FTS stock.
    http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL44.../413772808.jpg
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Having owned and sold most of the desirables above, I have to say the nicest to shoot was my Airmasters 77 which was re-worked extensively by Ken Turner in 2006-it was virtually recoilless once "The Master" had worked his magic
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Great to see you on, Graham.

Hope all is well.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Best of both worlds here: Venom Mach 1 77 in an AirMasters FTS stock.
    http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL44.../413772808.jpg
    Oh dear, I think I feel a little moist now.

A Venom 80Lazerhunter was always my favourite .
    Les..

So whats the difference with a Airmasters chameleon and a FTS the stock looks the same