Thread: Half an LP53 for sale !

Half an LP53 for sale !

This is not a time share offer but the front half of a Walther LP53 that after many years of unsuccessfully thinking I may come across the matching rear end or acquire an LP53 with a tatty barrel I have decided to offer for sale.

Some years ago I acquired this included in a deal (as you do) and I was totally mystified as to why anyone would have just the front half of a pistol and of course wondered what had happened to the back half of the pistol. I never found out, but if it is as nice as this front end it would have been a very nice pistol!

Anyway, the barrel, front sight mount (complete front casting assembly) and the attached trigger guard/cocking arm are all in very good condition and would look very smart when fitted to the back half of an LP53

I can sell it complete with the sights fitted or without. The rear sight is complete and looks like it is brand new and would be very desirable on its own.

The pistol number stamped into the casting is 128387.

Pictures are available for anyone that may be interested in buying it for £100 or for £150 complete with front and rear sight assemblies. Prices include UK post.

The rear sight assembly is not for sale on its own. If I find a buyer for half of a pistol who does not want the sights I will keep them as spares for my own LP53 pistols as I am not likely to find a complete set in "as new" condition in the future if I should ever need them.
    Last edited by zooma; 05-03-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

lp53

The last dated serial number i have for a Walther lp53 is just over 26000.1976. When that was the last year production run. your number of
    28000 plus if true must be the end of production, i have never seen anything above the 26000 mark according to my lists etc, recheck your 8 is
    a8 and not a 6.

lp53

Correction. I meant 126000. not 26000.

Hi Flogger,

I have just double checked the number stamped on the casting and it is :- 128387.

The casting has the usual circular rub marks around the pivot point where it has been fitted into the back half of an LP53 but the hinge on the cocking lever has no play or wear marks and the engagement pin on the other end of the cocking lever shows no real signs of use either.

The cross pin set into the main casting under the breech that is used to engage/lock the barrel also shows no signs of wear - just a light polish mark to confirm that it was at some point part of a complete pistol !

The finish is quite matt compared to my earlier LP53's but it does look very original.

Compared to my earlier LP53 the rear sight has a wider flat headed screw holding it to the main casting body and the height adjusting wheel has the numbers 1 - 8 engraved on it. My older LP53 (number 043522) has a narrower headed screw (of the same pattern) in this position and the height adjusting wheel has no markings on it.

It is a curious piece but it looks totally original

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.