Thread: Postal/online comps

Postal/online comps

First post in this part of the forum,

I shoot postal comps at the range (Hendon) but I was wondering if their are any others that run which can be entered and available to all? I did see one on social media but it was a bit of a shambles.

Those little stickers in the corner of my targets always add something to my shooting (usually a 3) and i tend to learn more when they are their.

Specifically 10m air pistol but I shoot lsr too(neither accurately) 👍

There are lots and lots out there, but here are a couple of good ones for starters:

Cambridgeshire

Yorkshire

Northants Leicestershire & Rutland also run a 10m Air Pistol League

Police Sport UK leagues are open to all and run a full programme.

Rutty
    Last edited by Rutty; 11-02-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Also the NSRA. I've shot tje Eley sponsored comps. Also the Civil Service Shooting Association.

CNTSA cater for most disciplines and are taking summer competition entries now.
    My Toys:-

FWB P70FT+Elite 4200 6-24x40.
    Sako Range+Leupold VXIII6.5-20x40 EFR.
    Anschutz 1407 + B & L 36x
    Marlin .38 CBC Underlever+Marbles tang sight.
    Remington 12c Pump action.
    Martini Henry Bonehill conversion with Greener Barrel.

What next

Speak your truth quietly & clearly and listen to others,
    even the dull & ignorant, they too have their story.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    One of the best is the Dorset postal leagues, many divisions, rifle and pistol, 10 mt and 6 yd. their site is hosted by Parkstone Gun club

http://www.parkstonegunclub.co.uk/dsrpa.htm

Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 13-02-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

MPL Competition.

A nice little postal competition that can be shot from home or in the club (at the traditional British 6 yard distance) is the Muscle Power League - more usually referred to as the MPL.

This competition was devised for Classic spring powered and SSP air pistols and air rifles to encourage the regular use of these old classic's in a nice competition that has a natural way of making the competition a very level playing field.

These classics are available in a much lower price bracket than most PCP match rifles and pistols and so even those with a lower budget should be able to find a target pistol or rifle that will be competetive against any other.

As an example - one of the most popular air pistols that was consistently amongst the best scores was the elgamo Centre under-lever pistol and there are plenty of these about at very competitive prices from £40 for one that may be a little rough or in need of a rebuild up to £100 for a mint example in perfect working condition. Most of those used previously cost about £60 ready to shoot!

Suitable spring powered or SSP rifles included those that are recoiling and recoilless and the prices reflect the spec - but as long as they are .177 and below the legal power limit they are OK to shoot in the MPL with open or diopter sights ( no scopes).

More recently the new Supported Shooting Class has been added to the competition where the pistol or rifle is supported ( see ISSF Rules here on the BBS) giving an excellent opportunity for everyone of any age to compete and enjoy. This class also accommodates and recoilless air pistol or rifle and so those with CO2 or PCP powered kit can use them too!

This is a great postal competition that is often used to supplement "more serious" 10 meter or Bell Target competitions and is open to all!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    A nice little postal competition that can be shot from home or in the club (at the traditional British 6 yard distance) is the Muscle Power League - more usually referred to as the MPL.

This competition was devised for Classic spring powered and SSP air pistols and air rifles to encourage the regular use of these old classic's in a nice competition that has a natural way of making the competition a very level playing field.

These classics are available in a much lower price bracket than most PCP match rifles and pistols and so even those with a lower budget should be able to find a target pistol or rifle that will be competetive against any other.

As an example - one of the most popular air pistols that was consistently amongst the best scores was the elgamo Centre under-lever pistol and there are plenty of these about at very competitive prices from £40 for one that may be a little rough or in need of a rebuild up to £100 for a mint example in perfect working condition. Most of those used previously cost about £60 ready to shoot!

Suitable spring powered or SSP rifles included those that are recoiling and recoilless and the prices reflect the spec - but as long as they are .177 and below the legal power limit they are OK to shoot in the MPL with open or diopter sights ( no scopes).

More recently the new Supported Shooting Class has been added to the competition where the pistol or rifle is supported ( see ISSF Rules here on the BBS) giving an excellent opportunity for everyone of any age to compete and enjoy. This class also accommodates and recoilless air pistol or rifle and so those with CO2 or PCP powered kit can use them too!

This is a great postal competition that is often used to supplement "more serious" 10 meter or Bell Target competitions and is open to all!

This sounds very interesting as I use an izzy (ssp)

I shall have a Google to find out how to sign up.
    Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrytom View Post
    This sounds very interesting as I use an izzy (ssp)

I shall have a Google to find out how to sign up.
    Many thanks.
    Its easy to sign up - just look at the MPL thread here on the BBS Target/Competition and let Russ (PhatMan here on the BBS) know you would like to join in.

All of the information about how to join and pay is shown here and you can send Russ a PM to confirm your entry.

Glad to have you with us!

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 14-02-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Surrytom,

You will be in good company, as a number of us in the MPL use Izzy's

Have fun

Best regards

Russ