Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
Thats your opinion & if you'd read my post properly I did say you'd have to cut a titan down, I find them harsh even cut down correctly prone to bucking & overpriced.apart from a batch in the late 80's to early 90's that were overtempered & prone to break I've never had such problems with the standard bsa merc/airsporter springs & have fitted them to many makes of airgun if they fit correctly. Also not all people have an angle grinder or the skills & knowledge to cut down & compress a coil with a blowlamp & correctly re-grind the ends.
I re-read it - post implied not to fit one at all and only mentioned the shortening at the end - hence my wording. Just a miscommunication on both sides I think.

Odd you mention the mistemperings. I recall having that exact experience around then when I was destroying/tuning a Meteor (I was young and stupid). Had a couple of springs which did exactly that. All my decent tunes have been in the last 5-6 years with BSAs and HWs. Depends how you like your set up I guess and what you do with it.

TO THE OP: Plenty of you tube vids on how to do some of the more technical stuff. Shortening springs is actually one of the easier things and you can of course practice on the old spring too.