Thread: Advice please: New springer, maybe an underlever

Advice please: New springer, maybe an underlever

Evening All!
    I have been considering a new springer and need some advice on underlevers.

I have been considering something with a long(ish) barrel as they are marginally more efficient, marginally quieter, and marginally less hold sensitive thanks to frontal mass. HW77 (standard) is then a good choice, but i can't see that they are sold in the UK (?)

HW77 = 470mm barrel - Are these sold / imported in to the UK? I fancy one with the laminate stock.
    HW77K = 370mm barrel
    HW97K = 300mm barrel
    TX200 = 395mm barrel
    TX200HC = 319mm barrel

What would be your considerations for an underlever, and do you have any tips that may swap my decision?

A spit polish of the internals of whatever i decide will most likely accompany a welsh willy kit (edit: or TBT kit)
    Last edited by CuppaT; 13-02-2018 at 07:37 PM.

TX200HC, best underlever if you want to buy and shoot...I find the balance excellent
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Wouldn't the full length tx200 be better?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Either the 77 or 97 in full length form are fab! I believe you can get either in a laminate stock from ze Germans.

Edit: Correction, the 385mm barrel 97 only comes in the wood stock
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Either the 77 or 97 in full length form are fab! I believe you can get either in a laminate stock from ze Germans.

Edit: Correction, the 385mm barrel 97 only comes in the wood stock
    Cheers Nick - who would you import from assuming a full length 77 / 97?
    I am tempted for the full length 77 with woodland laminate in the girly cal.

Not one for underlevers, but given your selection, I'd go with the full length 77...

My favourite by far is the TXHC but, if you're ever near Swindon, you're welcome come and try a full length .177 HW77.

It is rather nice but, it's not standard form.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    My favourite by far is the TXHC but, if you're ever near Swindon, you're welcome come and try a full length .177 HW77.

It is rather nice but, it's not standard form.
    Thank you for the kind offer, bit of a way for me but appreciated none the less!
    I did own a TX200 MK3 full length but really wasnt too keen on it. It shot alright i guess but i just didn't gel with it. I have a a go with a MK2 before and that shot much nicer than the mk3, i guess on accounts of it's shorter stroke. I know it's possible to change the stroke but i'd sooner not.

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT View Post
    Evening All!
    I have been considering a new springer and need some advice on underlevers.

I have been considering something with a long(ish) barrel as they are marginally more efficient, marginally quieter, and marginally less hold sensitive thanks to frontal mass. HW77 (standard) is then a good choice, but i can't see that they are sold in the UK (?)

HW77 = 470mm barrel - Are these sold / imported in to the UK? I fancy one with the laminate stock.
    HW77K = 370mm barrel
    HW97K = 300mm barrel
    TX200 = 395mm barrel
    TX200HC = 319mm barrel

What would be your considerations for an underlever, and do you have any tips that may swap my decision?

A spit polish of the internals of whatever i decide will most likely accompany a welsh willy kit (edit: or TBT kit)

I like the 77K or 97 or 97k
    Because the full length is a bit too front heavy, even for me and I favour that balance, plus the long ones are a tad too ungainly
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34