Thread: Parcelforce 48 - link to where it says it will carry airguns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    yet some post offices will sell you extra insurance . the seller that sent my Theoben Evo was asked if he wanted more insurance even though she knew it was an airgun in the box .
    It's back to the fact that the Post Office & Royal Mail are two different companies so PO counter staff are trained by the PO which includes offering extra insurance cover, while the cover is actually provided by RM who set the terms & conditions.
    There are loads of items not covered by the extra option but the only way most people would ever find out is if they claim & that doesn't actually happen very often.

The local PO moved in to the village shop a few years back & the woman in there is a battleaxe , so first time I posted an airgun I went armed with all the paperwork & rules and had to be quite "firm & forthright" before she accepted that it was legal & I knew more on the subject than she did.

My advice would be to book online. Simply state low powered airgun in the declaration and take it to the post office. They don't ask any more questions and just take the parcel and give you a receipt

Tell him to try another Post Office, they're not all run by folk who don't know what they're doing.
    As has been mentioned many of them rely on a silly plastic picture chart that's completely misleading. I come across it often when posting knives, usually when they have new staff on the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    It's back to the fact that the Post Office & Royal Mail are two different companies so PO counter staff are trained by the PO which includes offering extra insurance cover, while the cover is actually provided by RM who set the terms & conditions.
    There are loads of items not covered by the extra option but the only way most people would ever find out is if they claim & that doesn't actually happen very often.

The local PO moved in to the village shop a few years back & the woman in there is a battleaxe , so first time I posted an airgun I went armed with all the paperwork & rules and had to be quite "firm & forthright" before she accepted that it was legal & I knew more on the subject than she did.
    it was the first time had sent an airgun via the post . i did offer to drive up and get it . i wished i had as it left inverness and went to coventry then back up here .He lives around 130miles from me .

took a week to get to me even though it was parcelforce 48.

If you have a problem at a Post Office tell them to ring their own helpline and they will tell them the facts and that they are wrong in refusing your parcel.