Thread: BSA Ultra Magazine fault

BSA Ultra Magazine fault

My Ultra was getting less smooth to cock (.22) and I now notice the magazine has failed- the red rotary plastic part that holds the pellets has broken and a piece has fallen off. I presume due to cycling issues causing the cocking rod to push against the plastic, not against a pellet skirt. Is this a common problem? Any chance BSA will replace the part or do I have to buy a new mag? Thanks.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post

My Ultra was getting less smooth to cock (.22) and I now notice the magazine has failed- the red rotary plastic part that holds the pellets has broken and a piece has fallen off. I presume due to cycling issues causing the cocking rod to push against the plastic, not against a pellet skirt. Is this a common problem? Any chance BSA will replace the part or do I have to buy a new mag? Thanks.
    I had a similar problem with a Scorpion-10 mag when the multi-shot Scorpion first came out (same mag system). BSA did replace my broken mag, but there again, my gun was only three weeks old at that time (since sold said Scorpion-10 as now prefer sing-shot rifles for real-time air-gun hunting).

I spoke to the BSA guru John Bowkett about this mag problem around that time, too, and he advised strongly, that once a shot is taken, to pull he trigger back and release it once more before drawing the bolt to rotate the mag and load the next pellet. This I then did from that point on, and never had any such magazine problems, again.

Good luck contacting BSA about a new mag, and I hope the above pearl of wisdom courtesy of Messrs Bowkett, helps?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Great stuff- thanks for the tip! Will try and remember that.
    P.S. BSA are replacing the mag if I send them the old one. No quibble. Good for them.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post

Great stuff- thanks for the tip! Will try and remember that.
    P.S. BSA are replacing the mag if I send them the old one. No quibble. Good for them.
    You are most welcome;

Thought they probably would, and ...

Yes indeed, they are a good bunch at BSA.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

bsa mags

I had a lot of jams yesterday with my BSA mags and I contacted BSA and was told to take them to a gun dealer, they are 3 weeks old and cost £45 each why should I be paying for repairs, I will try your trick of pulling the trigger again but I don't have much faith