Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Tuff Scopes ...

Gareth W-B is online now Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Cheers chaps, will post my thoughts and findings on said scope on this thread after a couple of field tests.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi just looking at ramsbottom's site and they have some really low priced scopes ie gun tuff from £3.99 for 4x20 inc mounts they must be kidding are they made by chad valley. Graham

: Gun Tuff Scopes ...

Quote Originally Posted by bozz View Post
    Hi just looking at ramsbottom's site and they have some really low priced scopes ie gun tuff from £3.99 for 4x20 inc mounts they must be kidding are they made by chad valley. Graham
    Well they can't be as bad as the old plastic bodied bsa 4x20s!. Seriously though, they're probably clearing old stock at trade prices as they do on eblag from time to time. For those prices it's worth a punt & ramsbottoms will refund your money no problem if your not happy with it as I've found out with a red dot I once bought from them.That was not faulty either it was just my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    I'd like to know what they are like. Looking for a 6x40 and was going to get a Richter Optik one but will like to know what the Gun Tuff one is like.

As for complicated rets... I'm completely with you gents. Although I have recently gone to the other end of the market and got myself a Sightron with a HHR ret. This is like a duplex but with two smaller lines below the main one. Extremely simple and uncluttered. Not fancy and doesnt distract you from what you are shooting at. They are pricey though.
    Zom
    I have the richter 6-40 mildot and its great, cost a whopping £7 off the bay and its been on my go to hunter for over two years, banged about, layed in the mud/grass and has stayed true, I gave the lense one turn to adjust focus and can see from 10 thru 50 clear. Its nice not having to zoom or even touch your scope while hunting, point and shoot at all my ranges. My only gripe is the reticule is a touch thick esspecially after useing my duplex simmons for years and having a go at hft, this little richter will stay as I dont need to see the wart on a flys arse, just need rabbits in the pot and this has done that.

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Zom
    I have the richter 6-40 mildot and its great, cost a whopping £7 off the bay and its been on my go to hunter for over two years, banged about, layed in the mud/grass and has stayed true, I gave the lense one turn to adjust focus and can see from 10 thru 50 clear. Its nice not having to zoom or even touch your scope while hunting, point and shoot at all my ranges. My only gripe is the reticule is a touch thick esspecially after useing my duplex simmons for years and having a go at hft, this little richter will stay as I dont need to see the wart on a flys arse, just need rabbits in the pot and this has done that.

Chris
    Cheers Chris. I too prefer fixed power for hunting - you get to know your ranges if the animals look the same

I think its worth a punt then for £25.

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Zom

Chris
    Oh one question. In the blurb it says they have a "extra wide field of view" - is this correct or just blurb. I prefer scopes with a wide angle.

Done some crapulating ... and taken the plunge with the RO 6x40. Think it will suit my .177 80 nicely.

Done some crapulating ... and taken the plunge with the RO 6x40. Think it will suit my .177 80 nicely.
    Good skittles. Make sure you use a Dampa Mount, though, as the kick from a full hop .177 touching close to the 12ft.lb barrier (as I assume your HW80 is) will shake most scopes to bits within a few weeks.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Good skittles. Make sure you use a Dampa Mount, though, as the kick from a full hop .177 touching close to the 12ft.lb barrier (as I assume your HW80 is) will shake most scopes to bits within a few weeks.
    haha - too right! I only use 1pce mounts on springers anyway.

haha - too right! I only use 1pce mounts on springers anyway.
    Nice one, but make sure it is a proper Dampa Mount for use on a full hop .177 springer, not just a stand alone one-piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Nice one, but make sure it is a proper Dampa Mount for use on a full hop .177 springer, not just a stand alone one-piece.
    I've never actually had a scope break at all on any of my springers. That includes some budget jobs too. If it does break then its only £25 down the pan. - though I admit this 80 is the bounciest I've ever had. The .177 80 currently has a Bushnell Banner which has stood up find after a few thousand pellets. Though the rifle has settled a lot over the last year. It started off like zeberdee!

Reading the last few posts, made me realise in nearly 30 years of shooting airguns, I've never had a scope break touch wood, touch wood
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post

Reading the last few posts, made me realise in nearly 30 years of shooting airguns, I've never had a scope break touch wood, touch wood
    I've had two go on me in the last 20 years, both HAWKEs -- one on an F.A.C. HW80K .22, and one on a sub 12ft.lb Evolution .177. Post my 'across the board' adoption -- and use -- of Dampa-Mounts with all my recoiling rifles, however, I've not lost a single scope.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Im sure the JSR scopes were leapers ones .
    They were.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post

They were.

A.G
    Indeed -- as already confirmed @ post # 10