Thread: BSA supersport custom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA supersport custom

Are these super rare or am I just terrible at been able to find one lol.
    If anyone knows of any for sale preferably in .177 can you give us a shout as I really want a nice bsa springer which basically cuts most of them out due to the hinge pin. Thanks.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    I'd say they are rare, it took me since 1999 to find one.

And no it's not for sale.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

they are rare, very short production run, I have an advertising leaflet somewhere....

I remember SFS did a supersport in a CS700 stock (or whatever their thumbole was then) with a gas ram fitted for a short while - a really handy little rifle but they had a real problem with power going up, as did the gas rammed thumbhole superstar...
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Thanks for the info, and well that explains it pete nearly 20 years to find one! I did once fit a superstar trigger to a lightning which helped a great deal but im still not keen on the hinge pin.
    Suppose i will just have to keep my eyes open and fingers crossed then.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Get a Merc "S" instead ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I'm really not keen on the classic lines of the mercury feel like i will be shot for saying that

They are indeed rare. The Webley equivalent is the Deluxe Stingray carbine. They both came out twenty or more years after the German springers had conquered the market and ten years or so after PCPs had begun replacing springers as the "must have" air rifles. Try finding one.

I wish I had realised their likely future scarcity/value and bought a bunch of them brand new in box back when. They were often on heavy discount compared to RRP. But I may have been doing something apparently more important, like buying a fast car, getting married the first time, or moving house. In that temporal order. Roughly.

Instead, with my limited airgun-buying funds, I bought second-hand custom or tuned HW77s from guys trading up to PCPs. And a P-H Dragon. None of which was a bad idea, actually.

The nearest I have got is a standard Supersport and a carbined Xocet. Which are both rather good. And, inevitably, lead me to wanting an SS Custom and a Stingray Deluxe carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Get a Merc "S" instead ?
    The MK3 Mercury had the adjustable hinge pin as well, John, so comes a pretty close second to the S and easier to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Get a Merc "S" instead ?
    Try finding a decent one of them too!
    There must be thousands somewhere, but darned if I can find one.