Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BSA supersport custom

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Gave the countersunk bolt mod a go today on a old excel with quite badly warped jaws and its gone ok and has nipped up nicely, the bolts sit nice on the top but stick out a bit on the bottom but nobody will really see it under the gun.

Is that two bolts going in from both sides? I take it one threads inside the other one or is that just being daft.

Would it have worked if you had threaded one jaw and put the bolt in from the other side?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Get a Merc "S" instead ?
    Try finding a decent one of them too!
    There must be thousands somewhere, but darned if I can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Try finding a decent one of them too!
    There must be thousands somewhere, but darned if I can find one.
    I know what you mean but I can't say too much as I have two of the buggers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Is that two bolts going in from both sides? I take it one threads inside the other one or is that just being daft.

Would it have worked if you had threaded one jaw and put the bolt in from the other side?

Pete
    Its just a bit of bar thats been drilled from both ends, tapped and x2 m4 by 12mm long bolts inserted, i will get a pic when i take it apart tomorrow. You can tap and thread the gun but if you mess it up then its pretty terminal where as if you mess up the bar you can just make another!

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Its just a bit of bar thats been drilled from both ends, tapped and x2 m4 by 12mm long bolts inserted, i will get a pic when i take it apart tomorrow. You can tap and thread the gun but if you mess it up then its pretty terminal where as if you mess up the bar you can just make another!
    Very true and unless you're of engineering background or have all the proper tools then what you think is an easy mod often doesn't go to plan, I've made things in the past and realised afterwards that the hole I threaded was quite straight after all.

I see what you'd done the bar is a bit shorter than the width of the breech jaws and the bolts pull the jaws in when done up, also the bar is smooth so the breech block pivots on it smoothly, clever thinking that man

Pete