Thread: Daystate Regal/ Huma Reg

Daystate Regal/ Huma Reg

Higuys. Need some advise/information has anyone fitted a Huma Reg to a Regal?
    Was is it difficult to do?
    Did it flatten the power curve?
    How many shots available etc
    Regards Paul

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagewebleyman View Post
    Higuys. Need some advise/information has anyone fitted a Huma Reg to a Regal?
    Was is it difficult to do?
    One of the guys on the DOC done it last year and was happy with the results, but you do need a bit of tech knowledge to do it, so if your not that way inclined get someone else to do it for you.

Did it flatten the power curve?
    Yes - very consistent.

How many shots available etc
    It was roughly the same as before as despite it being more efficient it takes up some of the cylinder capacity - so you effectively have less air to begin with. It's also worth noting due to it's location your gauge will no longer work as it will now display the reg. pressure, not the cylinder pressure, so you only know to fill up when it starts dropping and your shots go low.

Hope that helps

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Speaking as the owner of 2 Regals I don't think it's worth the hassle for the possible gains

I am currently working on putting a HuMa reg in an FAC Regal. Huub has so far only designed a reg for sub12 use but hopefully this will give an option for those on FAC requiring a regulated 28-32FtLb with 16 or 18 grain pellets (around 900 fps) rather than the 40+ FtLb with 21 grain, very heavy air use (noisy, poor shot count, huge power curve) of the original factory setup.
    This is being developed for a specific group of customers who have tried the original setup for their requirements and found it too noisy, overpowered and too heavy on air consumption for use on grey squirrel control, but I'm sure there will be applications for rabbit or pigeon control too once I have set the gun up for optimum air efficiency and shot count at the power levels required.
    The initial tests of the regulator in sub12 application proved to be excellent but to adapt to FAC use it's more than just a matter of increasing the reg pressure.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

regal

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    I am currently working on putting a HuMa reg in an FAC Regal. Huub has so far only designed a reg for sub12 use but hopefully this will give an option for those on FAC requiring a regulated 28-32FtLb with 16 or 18 grain pellets (around 900 fps) rather than the 40+ FtLb with 21 grain, very heavy air use (noisy, poor shot count, huge power curve) of the original factory setup.
    This is being developed for a specific group of customers who have tried the original setup for their requirements and found it too noisy, overpowered and too heavy on air consumption for use on grey squirrel control, but I'm sure there will be applications for rabbit or pigeon control too once I have set the gun up for optimum air efficiency and shot count at the power levels required.
    The initial tests of the regulator in sub12 application proved to be excellent but to adapt to FAC use it's more than just a matter of increasing the reg pressure.
    your dead right it is. the max shot count I have been able to get out of a 29ft regal fitted with one of my regs is 30 shots then it drops off quickly you will very likely have to remove the harper valve system it wont flow the air at low pressure very easy. but then at fac power it will be higher reg pressure anyway

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Speaking as the owner of 2 Regals I don't think it's worth the hassle for the possible gains
    I agree with you. I fill my XL to 180 bar and it gives a pretty decent spread and shot count.

A.G

The new Regal is available with a reg now, the Regal HR, instantly recognised by the air gauge now on the end of the tube, gauge under stock now shows reg pressure.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    The new Regal is available with a reg now, the Regal HR, instantly recognised by the air gauge now on the end of the tube, gauge under stock now shows reg pressure.
    So is the regal still the same price with a reg ?

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    So is the regal still the same price with a reg ?
    No, it looks as though the Regal HR (huma regulated) will be available alongside the existing Regal so I would expect it to cost more, I can't remember the rrp but will try and find it. The shot count in sub 12 .22 goes from 95 to 160.
    Last edited by airwolf1; 21-02-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    No, it looks as though the Regal HR (huma regulated) will be available alongside the existing Regal so I would expect it to cost more, I can't remember the rrp but will try and find it. The shot count in sub 12 .22 goes from 95 to 160.
    Don't know how they can getaway charging that type of money for a none regged gun , just have a look at BSA or AA none regged guns and better IMO