Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Places worth a visit near the shooting show.

Places worth a visit near the shooting show.

If I book in for a couple of nights near to the shooting show are there any other places worth a visit? stately homes, marina's pubs or hotels by water etc etc I can treat the wife to a couple of days away and she will humour me around the show just as I humour her around the annual cake decorating show but I will have to justify booking the hotel by selling it as a treat away for her benefit.

Just awaiting the excuse to make the booking. Thanks in advance.

Happy wife happy life

Warwick is a nice place to stay with some good places to eat and drink.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post

Warwick is a nice place to stay with some good places to eat and drink.
    I will 100% endorse that, as Warwick Castle -- and the twin 17th or 18th Century (can't remember which, sorry), PCP 3/8" bore air pistols (yes, you did read that right) in the Castle Armoury, are all worth a sight-seeing trip to the Mindlands on their own.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Leamington Spa if the Wife is into food and shopping.

Warwick and Kenilworth very near for history.

Stratford on Avon for Shakespeare and tourists.

National Motor Cycle Museum
    ,AA , Magtech , Arnie, Sako, Ruger . plus the others .

Quote Originally Posted by B&W FOX View Post

National Motor Cycle Museum
    Now there is a superb day out, which along with Warwick Castle and Armoury, is another activity that I would like to 100% endorse (plus a trip to Stratford-upon-Avon, too).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

There's plenty to see and do in Coventry, the shopping isn't great but there's some decent restaurants, plenty of historic sights and a fantastic transport museum.
    There ended, the coventry tourist board information section.😊

Im sure Carls Wife will love a trip to the Motorcycle Museum as well as the Shooting Show.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

Im sure Carls Wife will love a trip to the Motorcycle Museum as well as the Shooting Show.
    You've just reminded me of two of the 'many' reasons I divorced the wife. She HATED my shooting and HATED my passion for petrol propelled two-wheelers, despite the fact they were both there before I met her. The new Memsaab loves the Harley, however, and approves of the shooting, too, as the latter stops me mooching around her place every (summer) evening when I haven't got my kids around mine.

I am in the same boat. Warkwick Castle and the Motorbike Museum already done (both very good) so going to do the Sea Life Centre and a Balti in Brum on this occasion. Going to drop her off at the Cinema near the NEC when I visit the Shooting Show.

You could always make a visit to the site of the old Webley factory on Weaman Street, demolished to make way for the ring road, and then feel kind of sad. If you like feeling sad.

National Motorcycle Museum. Militaria and Arms fair on Sunday 18th Feb lots of Air Guns for sale......!

Cool

Don’t forget Resorts World is right next door to the NEC, Outlet village style shopping, restaurants and a spa! I’m very lucky however....as Mrs Staffs86 loves my obsession and wants to invest in her own rifle!
    Arte et marte.
    Brocock Compatto Target .177 - Hawke Airmax 3-12x50SF
    BSA R10se BP laminate .177 - Hawke Sidewinder 10x42SF

Quote Originally Posted by Staffs86 View Post

Don’t forget Resorts World is right next door to the NEC, Outlet village style shopping, restaurants and a spa! I’m very lucky however....as Mrs Staffs86 loves my obsession and wants to invest in her own rifle!
    Lucky? Potentially loosing your cathartic solo shooting sessions and/or your recreational shooting days with your shooting mates (coz 10-2-1 they'll stop inviting you if you start coming as a two), then I reckon that you and me have different definitions of the word 'lucky' ???

birmingham

don't forget your tin hat and body armour -- Birmingham has become a no go zone there are areas that whites don't go to
    be carefull and if out in a car --lock your doors and have front and rear dash cams for your own safty