Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a warm Brocock.......

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Happiness is a warm Brocock.......

..... pump!

100 TAC's pumped and ready for the club tomorrow night. I got most of them in a bulk deal last year, out of 111 tacs 96 pumped up with no issues, out of the rest 7 held air after a strip and dab of sewing machine oil. The rest will be coming back to the uk with me for new seals.

I bet I can fire them quicker than I loaded them
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Superb!! A mate of mine had the brocock orion when we were in our teens and we had great fun with it. Can you get a Tac license in the UK or are they done and dusted here?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Superb!! A mate of mine had the brocock orion when we were in our teens and we had great fun with it. Can you get a Tac license in the UK or are they done and dusted here?
    They are section 5, but I think you had to get the licence at the time it came in. I very much doubt it could be done retrospectively.
    I am always on the hunt for an air pistol that gives this same "feel", I am going to try the Dan Wesson 715 when I get back to the UK, maybe pop along to Solware in April to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    They are section 5, but I think you had to get the licence at the time it came in. I very much doubt it could be done retrospectively.
    I am always on the hunt for an air pistol that gives this same "feel", I am going to try the Dan Wesson 715 when I get back to the UK, maybe pop along to Solware in April to get one?
    I wouldn't mind trying the Dan Wesson out. I've got a Smith and Wesson 586 which is great fun but the authenticity is slightly marred by the magazine
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 14-02-2018 at 07:41 PM.

You could have an existing one put on an FAC at the time of the ban. You can never sell it, give it away, or pass it on to your kids in the UK.

There is still a market to sell to the US. And France I guess

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    You could have an existing one put on an FAC at the time of the ban. You can never sell it, give it away, or pass it on to your kids in the UK.

There is still a market to sell to the US. And France I guess
    Oh, I would buy some more if I could. I believe it's down to individual forces as to whether they would allow export. Ie the owner could export their Orion 6 or model 54/522 to my house in France for thier personal use when they're here, then I just buy it!

Cartridges

I have the Ram charger its a doddel to do loads with....i have a super six too....a bit more fiddly to set up but good when done. My Ram will do Airmunition carts....Herald....303 but not the Ensign ones still a slimjim job....so it dont get used to oftern.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Oh, I would buy some more if I could. I believe it's down to individual forces as to whether they would allow export. Ie the owner could export their Orion 6 or model 54/522 to my house in France for thier personal use when they're here, then I just buy it!
    I understood it was done with any section 5 RFD. Find one that likes fine wine and cheese and invite them over complete with guns.

I understood it was done with any section 5 RFD. Find one that likes fine wine and cheese and invite them over complete with guns.
    I have a very friendly sec 5 dealer....its still a no no.....there are only a couple of sec 5 dealers that can handle Aircartridges its not a given on there paperwork

No Section 5 authority is a complex beast, it has multiple sub categories for handguns, machine guns, rocket launchers, guided missiles, grenades, tear gas and so on which you apply for individually and must demonstrate an individual need for

Each has a separate designation, self contained air cartridge guns have their very own category (Section 5 (1) (AF)) totally separate from ordinary handguns and as a very niche requirement with zero future very few people have it.

A S5 (1) (AF) dealer could acquire an unlicenced Brocock and put it into the legal system for deactivation or export but the law is clear that one already held on a private FAC cannot ever be transferred to another FAC holder only surrendered or deactivated.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Thanks for the update, I'm sure I've heard of people exporting them to the US. But guess not.

So could the owner travel to France with his pistol on his valid FAC and European Firearms Pass to shoot with a friend.

Then dispose of it in France?

That was more fun than a whole barrel of monkeys!

They certainly didn't know what it was or how it worked, but I managed to demonstrate how it works with my skill in both charades and speaking english loud and slow in an outrageous french accent.

As soon as I started shooting they came to have a look, then a shoot, then another one, and another. In the end we made 100 little holes in a target with a variety of shooters, holds, single and double action and a wannabe cowboy!

I've done my bit for entente cordiale. Now, where's the wine..

Nice to hear mate......their great fun when you have a load to shoot....but certainly quicker to empty than load. I just got some Crown Valtro heads....not something for an outdoor range at nearly £10 a cartridge.....but great grin factor

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The Brocock was one of the most disappointing airgun buys I ever made. And so much effort for so little joy. And an OBVIOUS 'this design will get banned'. Swapped mine for a large number of pellets in the end.

Much better to spend the price of the pistol and tacs and spend a weekend in Helsinki or Prague and shoot off a real .38 or .357 mag. Get it out of the system. Then buy a proper target air-pistol.

I've had several and loved them all, but you do need to have a decent amount of tacs to make shooting them worthwhile. Fire six in six seconds (and probably miss in your excitement) then spend ten minutes charging them back up is no fun.
    Much better to spend a therapeutic couple of hours "reloading" a hundred then a happy hour popping away at targets.
    Oh, and we have .357's, .38's etc, so no need to travel, but I did have fun with an AK and Uzi on Krakow a couple of years back.