Thread: RFD’s requirement if over 12ft/lbs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Personally, I think there's a good case for testing only with the pellets found with the gun.

It's all very well saying that a gun is capable of being over with "Brand X" pellet but if the owner didn't have any Brand X pellets then the gun arguably wasn't capable at that time.
    Agreed.

it's a little more of a stretch of imagination, but imagine if the same (bullshit) wording was attached to a vehicle's ability for exceeding the speed limit.
    You might run it on normal unleaded, but if plod used ethanol in your car to test it, to push the 'capable' theory, it could very well exceed 70mph.

Whether you use it with ethanol, or not.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Agreed.

it's a little more of a stretch of imagination, but imagine if the same (bullshit) wording was attached to a vehicle's ability for exceeding the speed limit.
    You might run it on normal unleaded, but if plod used ethanol in your car to test it, to push the 'capable' theory, it could very well exceed 70mph.

Whether you use it with ethanol, or not.
    I don't like motoring analogies, but it's more like prosecuting someone for speeding on the basis that they would have been over the limit if they'd been driving on a different road.

More than a tad silly.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    it would be if they use xylene to get conviction
    Max'll be along soon...
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Max'll be along soon...
    sorry Pete .I deleted it as i thought it was not in line with the thread .
    No doubt he used it in the air rifle that his mate shot a rabbit stone dead with at a 1/4 of a mile . I wish i could find that post now

found that post Pete

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....73#post7431573 post 12.
    Last edited by bighit; 20-02-2018 at 05:34 PM.