Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hawke match mounts?

hawke match mounts?

I usually use bkl mounts on my guns, but moving to 30mm scopes the price difference is a rip off, very little more material used and almost same amount of machining but they obviously sell less 30mm than 1", so considering looking for an alternative, i hate scope mounts canting the scope over like alot of single sided clamp mounts do, i gather hawke match mounts have rounded edges to avoid marking scopes, anyone use these mounts, or will i regret not going via bkl. as in buy cheap buy twice/ making do with second best?
    opinions welcome.

Put it like this;

£1000 rifle, £250 scope, why the quibble over an extra £30 for quality mounts

Not that there's anything wrong with match mounts

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Put it like this;

That's probably how mount manufacturers think (and want us to think) when setting their prices.

I have had lots of problems with Hawke mounts and similarly with Nikko so I cannot recommend them, for only slightly more money I don't think you can beat Sportsmatch.

tried all sorts in the past and now stick to BKL

I've got Hawke mounts on my main springers. Never had any trouble with them myself

mounts

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Put it like this;

Well you nailed it, i know people who spend ten grand on a motorbike and 25 quid on a helmet that wont save their life, not the same but yep its a false economy to not buy good mounts after spending £350 on a scope, so bkl it is again, god knows how many pairs i've bought in the past, thanks for pointing it out.

Hawke mounts

Ive just recently been told the secret ov mounts,hawke are some ov the best around,I've tested a fair few to experiment,also a bought a set of £3.50 ov the bay,bit ov fettling n there bang on.,£950 steyr £450 scope £3.50 mountsThen got some £2.60 off the bay for a freinds hw100 spot on out ov the bag couldn't say box cos that would have doubled the price,those crazy Chinese happy new year by the way,or gong hay fat choy (excuse my mandarin)

Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    Ive just recently been told the secret ov mounts
    Care to share with the class?

Yeah, I've not heard of ov mounts!!
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Yeah

if you pm me nicely I will share my secret with you?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver View Post
    I usually use bkl mounts on my guns, but moving to 30mm scopes the price difference is a rip off, very little more material used and almost same amount of machining but they obviously sell less 30mm than 1", so considering looking for an alternative, i hate scope mounts canting the scope over like alot of single sided clamp mounts do, i gather hawke match mounts have rounded edges to avoid marking scopes, anyone use these mounts, or will i regret not going via bkl. as in buy cheap buy twice/ making do with second best?
    opinions welcome.
    Man up you tart 👅👅👅
    Scope rings are an important item and deserve some focus on your spend. My ARMS mounts were 120 a set.
    People will spend money on a rifle and possibly the same on an optic then buy a cheapo set of mounts.
    Does that actually make any sense. Precison engineering x 2 and connected by iffy engineering x 1
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver View Post
    opinions welcome.
    Bkl do the 300 single strap 30mm mounts for £27ish, its the double strap 301's that are £65ish, and although these are the ones i have on my pcp, its only because i prefer the look of the wider/thicker dble strp type, but the single strap would be be fine on a pcp unless its a spring gun.

hawkdriver,

Just use the BKL !

They may be more expensive, but they work superbly and remove all concern about mount quality.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

The newer hawke ones seem much better than the older ones, I got some 30mm hawke ones recently and they feel well engineered, wouldn't have a problem buying again really