Thread: Good evening ladies and gents.

Good evening ladies and gents.

Hello all, been "observing" on the form for a few weeks decided to join in on the fun and games.
    I'm primarily located in the North East (Catterick/Richmond area), although I originate from North of the wall! I still make regular pilgrimages up to to the motherland.
    I'm relatively new to the whole Air rifle thing (as a hobby/sport), in my teens we'd set up plinking ranges on my friends family property etc with old sketchy and probably dangerous break barrel springers, challenging each other to hit smaller and smaller inanimate objects. Although i thoroughly enjoyed shooting its not something I ever really got into properly due to having other expensive hobbies that I could only just keep afloat.
    Fast forward best part of a couple decades... One of my close mates has somehow managed to get me back into it again after giving me a shot of both a Logun Mk2 pro in .177 and his beloved 16 year old AA s410 in .22, I forgot how much fun and how satisfying it was, I was kind of sold... After many months of looking about new, used, PCP, Springer, .177, .22 and everything in between. However there was one rifle i kept coming back to, one that just kept calling me, ended up purchasing a new AA s410 of my own, the Superlite Hunter Classic version in .22.
    Finally got my hands on the rifle last weekend, Quickly got the rifle set up with scope/bipod/moderator and put my first few rounds down it at 15m to get a feel for it and quickly get a rough zero on it. Next day myself and my mate took a trip up to a "local" range, despite some challenging wind conditions its safe to say i'm absolutely ecstatic with the rifle, most of my shooting was done at 30yd, but was surprised how easy it was to get my point of aim further out at 80+ even with howling crosswinds.

My baby
    Mine being the top one.
    https://imgur.com/UnfJn2B
    https://imgur.com/g4M8QgB

Anyway thanks for reading my post, the sheer amount of info and knowledge on this forum has been so helpful in my crash course in the world of Airguns, and its an absolute pleasure to join this community and I can only hope in the years to come I can give back knowledge and experience of my own.

Oh and one last thing, if anyone can suggest friendly clubs open for new membership in the North east (Catterick/Richmondshire/Darlo sort of area) with access to indoor and outdoor ranges it would be greatly appreciated, dont mind travelling but must be reasonable (ideally withing half hour drive).

Regards,

Steve.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    A warm welcome to the BBS Steve,

A lovely intro there To get the best out of the Forum in respect of learning and sharing, do get joining in some of the general threads.

Enjoy

Paul
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Hi Steve welcome to the forum mate excellent gun choice bomb proof there used to be a gun club here at Darlington don’t know if it still going like

Cheers guys.

Andy, my mate did mentioned something about one there before he headed on on a trip to Germany, I'll have to do a bit of digging.
    We tryed out Bob Dunkleys up near Hartlepool, It seemed like a decent place, quite friendly, and a well stocked shop. It seemed quite exposed up there though, can imagine less than perfect weather would be a nightmare. Will probably go back, but somewhere a little bit closer and more convenient would be nice.