Thread: Collecting: shooters or lookers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Collecting

I definitely have some models that rarely get used for one reason or another but one thing that is clear in my mind is that ultimately all have been used by me in the past and are likely to get used again.
    I guess it could be termed as owning practical classics...
    Dave

All mine are shot - some more regular than others.

I have 2 PCPs that are used regularly for comps plus a springer used infrequently for comps. I have another springer that is a project.

I then have a collection of 10 Air Arms PCP rifles & 1 Air Arms pistol. These are not shot very often but dry fired about once a month.

I love handling these and learning about the history. I'm also slowly learning about the inner workings.

It can be easy to desire every variation but I am trying to stick to an example of every mark of each model where the change in mark is not merely a change to the stock configuration, such as the EV2 Mk2, 3 & 4 - although this is difficult given that the range also offerd a choice of 3 colour schemes for the actions!

Next up for me is to start on the AA springers.

shooters or lookers

I've got 45 rifles and pistols, most are old and would be considered classic/collectable.(But not antiques) Only a few are mint boxed, most are in good to very good condition. But they all get shot. Some not that often, some regularly. I've bought a few non shooters in the past and bought them up to shooting condition. The exception being a Record Champion pistol which I just gave up on�� But it's shooters only for me.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!