Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New sterling arms Gas Ram

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I think going on his original reply he's a mass lover of HW's (a bit like TonyL) and won't have a bad word said about them, we've all bought bad guns that have not performed to our expectations, I've had lots of HW's (that's why I won't entertain them anymore) and even my beloved BSA's that have disappointed me but sometimes a rifle turns up that just hits the spot and heals your faith in a brand (mainly the gooduns in my BSA collection).

The Prosport just hit the spot the first few shots I put through it after that I was smitten.

Pete
    On my return to springers about 2 years ago I returned to familiar territory with a 97KT, bought it, thought I loved it then realised I wasn't using it. Took it out for a day and it just didn't feal right, so I sold it. Shouldered a Prosport belonging to a bloke in a gunshop because they had none in stock and he wanted a scope fitting, I fell in love. Ordered a .177 and it even gets out on the odd hunting trip.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Just got back from the NEC and for me the sterling t-16 was absolutely the stand out airgun of the show.

Amongst the usual flock of re-hashed PCP's this was the only stand showing some actual innovation! Every few months there is another thread saying how much we would all like a really high quality springer. Well this could be it.

I'm sure the main magazines will have articles ready to go on this one, but I had a good chat with graham on the stand and I'm going to do a full blog post on the t-16. Hopefully I will get to shoot it too.

(The designer of the t-16 is Graham Trim. Known for Webley paradigm etc)
    Mr Graham Trim is known for a few more designs I believe, the Black Fox was one of his too?

Here is an interesting thread from a few years ago:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-few-years-ago

Is this the same guy? If so this could get interesting...
    Last edited by nurek; 22-02-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    New or used?
    Brand New

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post
    Brand New
    What was wrong with it?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Looking at their prices, I wonder how much market research they have done.

There are always some who will pay a great deal for a really smart looking gun, but the Sterling guns don't impress in that department.

IMHO of course.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are no longer around this time next year.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Mr Graham Trim is known for a few more designs I believe, the Black Fox was one of his too?

Here is an interesting thread from a few years ago:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-few-years-ago

Is this the same guy? If so this could get interesting...
    He must think it's safe to surface. I don't think I will be tempted to trust the rip off merchant

What was wrong with it?
    When fired it seemed very noisy internally (rattling) I dont know what was wrong because he returned it for a different gun.
    Despite the comments about HW,I have other guns including a fenman,so am not biased towards HW,in fact the newer ones out of the box are not that good either.
    It seems that all manufacturers are cutting corners to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post
    When fired it seemed very noisy internally (rattling) I dont know what was wrong because he returned it for a different gun.
    Despite the comments about HW,I have other guns including a fenman,so am not biased towards HW,in fact the newer ones out of the box are not that good either.
    It seems that all manufacturers are cutting corners to save money.
    Aah, bias toward Theoben and HW, that's bad
    On a more serious note my Prosport which is about 4 months old is spot on.

I am reversing my previous comment regarding price because I was working on £1200 not £900. Bearing in mind the current prices of decent- but not outstanding- precharges as well as quality springers like the Pro Sport, £900 doesn't seem too bad if it works well. Although the long cocking lever might not be as pleasing to the eye as a shorter one, as a previous owner of a Park RH93 I found its short lever a real effort and the double/triple cock needed for the Whiscombe was beyond irritation. So much so that if I had kept the Park (it was right handed so I swapped it with a clubmate for a nice TX200SR with a lovely early CS1000 left handed stock) I was about to make up a cocking lever extension along the lines of the BSA Scorpion pistol. The cocking really was tricky on the Park and anything that helped in cocking the new rifle has to be good, Anything that makes cocking easier will mean that the rifle will get used and not just stroked. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing one later in the year and good luck to all involved.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Aah, bias toward Theoben and HW, that's bad
    On a more serious note my Prosport which is about 4 months old is spot on.
    And my Prosport is from the very early batches produced and is still running superb, although it has had a few tuning parts put inside.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hi All,

Sterling Arms update

As you know the guns displayed at the British shooting show were prototypes. We thank you all for the honest feedback given on the rifles..

It has given us a great insight to see what potential customers want in a rifle!

Since then we have looked at and amended the designs.

In particular the design for the H-18.

Changes from the prototype so far are trigger, trigger adjustment, stock around the trigger area, Breech block styling, silencer and cocking bolt.

So only small changes really but nothing that changes the original concept of short, light and accurate and already beautiful rifle.

More information will be available on Wednesday.

But just so you guys know, the price hasn’t changed 👌

Cheers Adam
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model