Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New sterling arms Gas Ram

That side lever is one seriously ugly duckling I'm sure they will be accurate and an amazing feat of engineering, but I think I would have to take leave of my senses to spend £1200 on such an ugly beast lol. Still beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    That side lever is one seriously ugly duckling I'm sure they will be accurate and an amazing feat of engineering, but I think I would have to take leave of my senses to spend £1200 on such an ugly beast lol. Still beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose
    My thoughts exactly. I have a Prosport and simply no comparison can be made. If you want a masterpeice then AA already did it.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Its intended to be shot not a work of art

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I have a Prosport and simply no comparison can be made. If you want a masterpeice then AA already did it.
    Yes but only by copying HW

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post
    Yes but only by copying HW
    I can't recall a HW with a concealed underleaver, which one was it?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Members here have payed huge sums for for PCP actions bolted on to scaffolding boards cause BullPups are the fashion.

Ugly, Ugly, Ugly at least this rifle has one good side!

Then there are the rifles that seem to be made out of a random collection of metal bits, they fold, they function but Oh Dear the aesthetic pain...

Ora

Venom Mach-2 (not an HW), vaguely copied as the Pro-Sport?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    A ProSport that went to Ibiza, drank too much Malibu, had sex with a bag of spanners and now this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Of course, the problem with the JWs and the Parks is that for HFT and FT they are classed with PCPs
    That is true for UKAHFT but it isn't true for FT.

For any BFTA events in the UK and for the World Championships ( WFTF ) JW's / SR's etc are classed as Piston rifles and compete in the Springer/Piston category.
    The T16 would be legal to use in both the BFTA Grand Prix series and the WFTF World Championships in FT - competing in Spring/Piston category.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Well said that man, and who was it that HW copied the 77 from?

Also show me any HW that is as good looking and can perform as good as a Prosport out of the box (don't bother answering as there isn't any)

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Interesting idea and great to see a new British rifle!

I am a big fan of recoilless (twin opposing piston) springers however I believe that this idea is not new and a rammer prototype has been made by Ben Taylor before, have a look at these links:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....k-piston/page2
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....oben-Whiscombe

Bengarzy = Ben Taylor (As in TheoBEN) for those that don’t know. Ben talks about issues with the rams and patents that have been taken out; I am not sure if this may cause any patent issues, but as Theoben no longer exists, maybe not?
    Hopefully this rifle will come into production, but considering that someone like John Whiscombe (who is a Genius) took years of research to produce his guns which could still be further improved, I would think that a lot more research and planning is required before this comes into full production.

How long will it be before we see it in production?

It would be great to see more pics of this gun. Do both pistons produce power like on a Whiscombe?

Will this gun be a single cocking gun or double/triple like the Whiscombe? Single would be preferred I guess, and that’s why the massive side lever?

The Park only had 1 power producing piston and was a single cocking gun, but it struggled to produce 12ftlbs in .177.

Good luck with this project and please keep us posted!
    Last edited by nurek; 21-02-2018 at 04:42 PM.

I far as I could gather both pistons working together (opposing) and both cooked with a single stroke - the really clever part. I was speaking to the designer and he said he had put 6000 hours into perfecting this design so it's not an over night dream. Not sure how long before production sorry.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    A ProSport that went to Ibiza, drank too much Malibu, had sex with a bag of spanners and now this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A friend of mine recently purchased a Prosport and it was terrible,so perhaps your comments on Ibiza are correct,at least he got his money back.

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post
    A friend of mine recently purchased a Prosport and it was terrible,so perhaps your comments on Ibiza are correct,at least he got his money back.
    New or used?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    New or used?
    I think going on his original reply he's a mass lover of HW's (a bit like TonyL) and won't have a bad word said about them, we've all bought bad guns that have not performed to our expectations, I've had lots of HW's (that's why I won't entertain them anymore) and even my beloved BSA's that have disappointed me but sometimes a rifle turns up that just hits the spot and heals your faith in a brand (mainly the gooduns in my BSA collection).

The Prosport just hit the spot the first few shots I put through it after that I was smitten.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in