Thread: New sterling arms Gas Ram

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adam

Very best of luck with this new and interesting venture. Looking forward to hearing more as it progresses.

My two-pennorth: a quality break-barrel would be good (look to the Webley Tomahawk/Longbow for inspiration). I'd be a bit sceptical of a new HR-81, having owned one of the old ones.

Thanks Geezer,

i hope you will find these bew rifles much better better than the old ones!

kind regards
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

Is it true Tony Belas now works for Sterling or is it Solware ? I have seen on another forum he was working for Solware but they may have just been that someone saw him there and added 2+2 and got 5 .

That side lever is one seriously ugly duckling I'm sure they will be accurate and an amazing feat of engineering, but I think I would have to take leave of my senses to spend £1200 on such an ugly beast lol. Still beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    That side lever is one seriously ugly duckling I'm sure they will be accurate and an amazing feat of engineering, but I think I would have to take leave of my senses to spend £1200 on such an ugly beast lol. Still beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose
    My thoughts exactly. I have a Prosport and simply no comparison can be made. If you want a masterpeice then AA already did it.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I have a Prosport and simply no comparison can be made. If you want a masterpeice then AA already did it.
    Yes but only by copying HW

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post
    Yes but only by copying HW
    I can't recall a HW with a concealed underleaver, which one was it?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Venom Mach-2 (not an HW), vaguely copied as the Pro-Sport?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Well said that man, and who was it that HW copied the 77 from?

Also show me any HW that is as good looking and can perform as good as a Prosport out of the box (don't bother answering as there isn't any)

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Its intended to be shot not a work of art

Members here have payed huge sums for for PCP actions bolted on to scaffolding boards cause BullPups are the fashion.

Ugly, Ugly, Ugly at least this rifle has one good side!

Then there are the rifles that seem to be made out of a random collection of metal bits, they fold, they function but Oh Dear the aesthetic pain...

Ora

I'd just like to add my good wishes to Sterling.

You have the chance to do something that other much bigger companies are not doing... research and development.

Yes we get the occasional genuine new rifle, but so many are just rehashes of the same old ( cheaper made) design in yet another set of new clothes.

One request, make sure any PCP's are available in single shot versions.

Very best of luck to you.