Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would like to see a mk3 Pro-sport

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

Who would like to see a mk3 Pro-sport

I like the PS but I would like to see a mk3, the problem is we all have different opinions

What would you like in a new PS ?

I would like a more classic longer and slimmer gun with a stronger steel underlever and less side screws showing, something like the old BSA Just a idea

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Visually wise nothing much, the stock shape is perfect and iconic, the only two things I'd do is keep the skip line checkering but get rid of the scrolly bits and make a left handed stock, so the lefties can enjoy it's magnificents, internally just revert back to the early short stroke pistons (like mine) and use a synthetic top hat, other than that it's perfect apart from the weight and if they could lose a pound or two in that area then even better.

And I would not have chosen the above geeky looking Airsporter "centenary" model to go by, the standard Stutzen barrel length is far better looking.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    As Pete has just said, a Southpaw version is all I ask and I'm not alone !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    As Pete has just said, a Southpaw version is all I ask and I'm not alone !
    You're certainly not alone, a lefty is all I ask for nothing more. I loved owning my prosport but it was just too uncomfortable to shoot left handed.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

I tend to find the underlever a tad uncomfortable at times so I would ask for a more comfortable hold.
    Otherwise ... excellent. Oh and maybe engineer out the niggle that makes the u/l come adrift at times.
    Cheers, Phil

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I was wondering if there had been a real mk2 yet but then found this! So maybe the question should be "Would you like to see a mk4?" Personally I wouldn't cos at the moment I'm planning what to have for tea. I would like to think it would be a break barrel though.

And be made by Diana.

In China.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I was wondering if there had been a real mk2 yet but then found this! So maybe the question should be "Would you like to see a mk4?" Personally I wouldn't cos at the moment I'm planning what to have for tea. I would like to think it would be a break barrel though.

And be made by Diana.

In China.
    You didn't accidentally go to a UKCAF (soon to incorporate the Diana owners club) oddball meeting instead over the weekend did you

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Black glossy cocking lever. Just to match the rest of the gun.

Optional black stock - for the ninja's out there?
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Left handed for me.
    Why dont aa look at responces about their products on this site?
    Surely it's the easiest customer survey for them and it hasn't cost them a penny.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggers View Post
    Left handed for me.
    Surely it's the easiest customer survey for them and it hasn't cost them a penny.
    Exactly what we've been saying about them making a break barrel, the trouble is they won't sell enough for them to warrant the outlay, luckily I'm not a leftie but all I can do is sympathise.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by wiggers View Post
    Left handed for me.
    Hmmmm ... what makes you think they don't? I guess the problem is that most of the responses they would get on here are in the form of, to put it bluntly, 'moans'. I have been guilty of this myself. But at the same time I also guess that the 'moans' are a tiny % of the owners. That is not to say that the 'people giving constructive criticism' should not be listened to but until a great number of people all make the same comment I guess the voice is insignificant.
    Maybe they pay more attention to feedback at the various shows where they can enter into a discussion with the person.
    Mind you ... some good thoughts coming out of this ...
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Hmmmm ... what makes you think they don't? I guess the problem is that most of the responses they would get on here are in the form of, to put it bluntly, 'moans'. I have been guilty of this myself. But at the same time I also guess that the 'moans' are a tiny % of the owners. That is not to say that the 'people giving constructive criticism' should not be listened to but until a great number of people all make the same comment I guess the voice is insignificant.
    Maybe they pay more attention to feedback at the various shows where they can enter into a discussion with the person.
    Mind you ... some good thoughts coming out of this ...
    Cheers, Phil
    Thanks Phil,
    I've asked aa many times to make a lefthanded ps...... it sounds like plenty of people on here want one and they've made them before......
    They could used the same as an original ps but machine a left handed port. ( OR DO WHAT HW DO AND MACHINE A CENTRAL LOADING PORT ) then it's just the stock that's different.

Break barrels. Whoa, thats a new ball game if they don't want to spend money on R&D.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I would like to think it would be a break barrel though.

And be made by Diana.

In China.
    Have you noticed this (Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User)beside my Avatar, Im now only old factory fan LOL

But I am a bit surprised that I seem the only one who thinks the BSA with its screwless forend in the OP pic is not as nice looking as the PS

Still I suppose some of you guys have thought that I have a unusual taste in airguns

Lefty for me .

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Have you noticed this (Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User)beside my Avatar, Im now only old factory fan LOL

But I am a bit surprised that I seem the only one who thinks the BSA with its screwless forend in the OP pic is not as nice looking as the PS

Still I suppose some of you guys have thought that I have a unusual taste in airguns
    The Stutzen stock looks lovely but I don't like the barrel overhanging the end and the Prosports stock is already beautiful, so not worth messing with, now if it had been one of those fugly HW stocks then I can wholeheartedly agree about changing it

Pete