Thread: Jamming

Jamming

Ok so i got asked to sort out a Sweet sixteen because it woudn't go into battery/ bolt forward.....after some faffing to remove the mags a rod down the barrel i got 5 pellets out. I did a HW 100 with 12 before.....any one go better??

I have done 17 from a BSA Cadet Major. Surprised about the HW 100, how did they get it to double load ? Suppose they just kept firing with not enough air to drive the pellets out.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 05-04-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I have done 17 from a BSA Cadet Major. Surprised about the HW 100, how did they get it to double load ? Suppose they just kept firing with not enough air to drive the pellets out.

Baz
    Hi yes,
    Young lad using dads rifle....dad chatting and lad just shooting away....stopped to ask why he couldn't seem to hit anything!

20+ out of a skan swift many years ago

two full mags from an hw 100 .177! Brought in with near empty air cylinder. Two hours to get them out of the barrel and tuition on how to read the users manual free of charge.

27 off of the most powerful .22 in a Rapid 7.
    These people are allowed air rifles.

For a while, as a kid, I had one of those ASI/Gamo "Sniper" (like hell!) tube mag repeater springers. I was a tough young man back then () so I learned to re-cock the action with the butt still in my shoulder and probably thought I was a Suffolk-based airgunning adolescent version of Chuck Norris, blasting away at a cyclic rate of 60 rounds per minute.

Something went wrong with it, and I think it had six pellets stuck in the barrel before I realised that it wasn't that I was missing the tin can, it was that no pellets were coming out of the front end.

Cue steel rods, mallets, much hammering and swearing, and trying not to tell my dad why the hammering and swearing was occurring.