Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Used my Trigger Sticks today

Used my Trigger Sticks today

Took them with me (first time) to the farm today. Tailgate up on my car so I could sit on back/boot edge, set up targets and my Trigger Sticks, wow what a difference to my accuracy, 5 pellets practically through the same hole at 30 yards with my Ultra. Target at 40 yards, nearly as good. Well impressed, looking forward to using them on the rabbits
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I’ve been using mine for about a year now and I love ‘em, very light to carry and just drop the legs onto the most uneven of ground and away you go
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I ummed and aarrrd for the last year or so mate, should of got them a lot sooner

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Well you’ve got them now You can get a further attachment that gives you a 2 point rest that pops on top but I find mine are fine as they are, any more stability and it’s just ‘cheating

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p115859-pri.../#.WocZH-anzmo
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Yes mate, I seen the 2 point rest thing, but like you I'm happy as it is

Had an email from Bushwear today, because I got my gen 2 off them. They are doing the gen 3 at the British Shooting Show for £100. Now that's a good buy

Jeeze! Where have you all been the last twenty years, in a cave?
    I know it is a little bit different with me, but I learned a long time ago I was missing so many opportunities by trying to find a knee, lie down, a tree/bush whatever. Then I made up a pair of cheap sticks out of the cheap plastic coated ally garden stakes and boom!
    Instantly revolutionised my work.
    I never, and I mean pretty much never take a shot other than off sticks whether it be sub 12 for rat or .308 for deer.

Must say, my best investment since a rangefinder. I use mine day and night. Absolutely brilliant.
    Jim
    AA S410k .177; AA S410 Extra FAC .22; AA S310. 22
    Daystate Airwolf FAC .22, mtc viper Pro

When I broke my ankle a few years ago playing Fitba', I ended up in crutches for a cupla months and they were pefect for stabilising my rifle...
    However I don't recommend going through the broken ankle stage in order to obtain crutches for improving your shooting accuracy!!��

New type of shooting... Bench rest hft!!!

You will soon see people wondering round perms with fishing trolleys stacked with rests, pellets, rifles, stools, decoys, feeders, hides, tents, umbrellas & stoves!! Lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Well you’ve got them now You can get a further attachment that gives you a 2 point rest that pops on top but I find mine are fine as they are, any more stability and it’s just ‘cheating

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p115859-pri.../#.WocZH-anzmo
    Thank you for posting that link I think it's just what I need to help zero my Photon xt, nice one!
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

arent trigger sticks basically just a camera tripod with a rifle rest on top ?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I use mine for deer stalking primarily and its fair to say that generally I don't need them preferring the bipod but every now and again in very open boggy terraine when no available rest is to be found, they are the "Bee's Knees" and are rock steady !
    What I like about them is their ability to go down low for use in a sitting position, some thing "old fasioned" sticks can't easily do !

Always give 'em a good inspection and clean down after each use though as dirt/grit and the like can b*gger them up.
    “An airgun or two”………

so what make are you using , just looked on uttings and at 69 to 99 pounds look a bit pricey , pricey for me anyways

Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    so what make are you using , just looked on uttings and at 69 to 99 pounds look a bit pricey , pricey for me anyways
    Primos.