Thread: Hw80 with a 77 spring

Hw80 with a 77 spring

Just opened up a brand new .177 hw80 and discovered a hw77 spring and guide in it.
    It also has a piston weight and a shim which was retained by an o ring inside the piston.
    Has anyone come by this before??
    Did weihrauch run out of 80 springs and just put what they had on the bench in it??

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If you buy from the continent or a get one from a "grey" importer you will get the proper spring. If you buy any HW from HC it will more than likely have a cut 77 spring in it. No one will take responsibility, HC even tried the line "That's the new HW factory spring" once or twice.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Weihrauch

Yep Weihrauch are using the same springs in the 80, 97 and 77 . Cost cutting. Mach 1.5

Thats quite shocking, I feel conned 😲

Why anyone actually insists on buying a HW rifle with HC markings has always been beyond me. The fact that serious HW expert members like Mach 1.5 and tinbum get lies from HC when the evidence against is clear is just beyond a disgrace.
    Still we know what to do don't we? Whilst we remain members of the EU just deal direct with Germany and get the gear delivered to your door.
    Clearly this only applies to new HW rifles.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

This rifle in question was not a Hull cartridge, the spring was even finished on the ends, not the usual " cut with a bolt cropper" finish that I have found in some new weihrauch"s, namely a 95 ....

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Irrespective of the rights and wrongs, a 77 spring will almost certainly perform better in a 12 FP HW80 anyways.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

It does without question perform better, its easier to cock, a whole lot smoother and nicer to shoot, so am happier with it.

There will be plenty of room now for a ptfe piston sleeve. Did the same with a 35 recently, fitted a 97/77 Spring guides (tbt) and a 0.5mm ptfe piston sleeve, it transformed the gun.

whats the difference between 77 and 80 spring please ???

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    whats the difference between 77 and 80 spring please ???
    slightly smaller OD/ID, and softer (smaller guage wire)...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    There will be plenty of room now for a ptfe piston sleeve. Did the same with a 35 recently, fitted a 97/77 Spring guides (tbt) and a 0.5mm ptfe piston sleeve, it transformed the gun.
    Yes I did fit a 0.3 ptfe sleeve to the piston, maily because I was a little concerned about spring slop, I do have a hw80 spring to fit into it but tbh its a nice to shoot so will leave it for now, no mechanical noise at all, just started me wondering about fitting a 26mm piston to it and sleeving the internals down.