Thread: Pistol grip repair

Pistol grip repair

Need to do a split pistol grip repair so what glue should I use, I will be using a screw as well.

Wood?

so for a proper job any old wood glue will do then.

You probably need to give a bit more information to get a full and proper answer, but if it is a split across the grip part of a wooden rifle stock, Cascemite or similar in the split, as well as a screw, should do it.

There may be better glues about now but I alsways found Cascamite to be stronger than the wood it was glueing whilst still easy to wipe off or sand back any excess.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right.

I used some evo stick extra strong wood glue on a broomhandle (actual broom, not a Mauser) a few years back and it's still going strong. It actually broke again in a different place!

2 part epoxy resin.

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Thumbs up

I've always used white PVA wood glue since I stripped some core boxes at work, They're normally just screwed together but one of the patternmakers decided to use the PVA glue, I had to use a large bar in to pry them apart but they went with a loud crack and the surface of one plank was ripped away and stayed glued to the other!!

I was told that PVA glue wasn't waterproof but this box had been ourtside for weeks through some heavy downpours!!

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/