Thread: The new and completely hypothetical BSA pistol wishlist

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

The new and completely hypothetical BSA pistol wishlist

After the crushing disappointment of BSA's dull-as-dishwater PCP release, let's talk about the hypothetical new pistol that we would have liked them to make instead

Is it a re-engineered Magnum 240 with an extra 3 inches on the barrel and a grip designed for actual human hands?

An overlever springer cunningly designed within the silhouette of a colt 1911?

Is it a PCP pistol, based on the Ultra action?

Or even a PCP based on the R10, with a mini buddy bottle up front and regulated action?

A CO2 powered British Bulldog replica?
    Good deals with these members

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post

After the crushing disappointment of BSA's dull-as-dishwater PCP release, let's talk about the hypothetical new pistol that we would have liked them to make instead

Is it a re-engineered Magnum 240 with an extra 3 inches on the barrel and a grip designed for actual human hands?

An overlever springer cunningly designed within the silhouette of a colt 1911?

Is it a PCP pistol, based on the Ultra action?

Or even a PCP based on the R10, with a mini buddy bottle up front and regulated action?

A CO2 powered British Bulldog replica?
    Either of the two I have emphasised above on your list (or both, but maybe that is just me being too greedy, lol ), would make me a happy air gunner.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    A cunningly contrived, non blowback, single action PCP in a semi replica stylee would be nice. I've always loved the look of the Rohm Trainer but the double action and co2 make it a bit hokey.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    A cunningly contrived, non blowback, single action PCP in a semi replica stylee would be nice. I've always loved the look of the Rohm Trainer but the double action and co2 make it a bit hokey.
    Semi auto, firing from a vertically loaded stick magazine that *pings!* from the top of the action when it is empty, like an M1 Garand

Another confection out of powdercoated mazak diecastings, or something with real metal machined and blued components in it?
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Quote Originally Posted by MikB View Post
    Another confection out of powdercoated mazak diecastings, or something with real metal machined and blued components in it?
    Nothing wrong with mazak - in its place.

If the frame and body are mazak it can cut costs dramatically, whilst allaying fears (well founded or not) that it could be used to fire some kind of live ammunition, and it doesn't really affecting performance negatively.

Things like indexing pawls, trigger bars, CO2 levers and other moving/load bearing parts should be made out of *proper* metals however.

Phwoarr- my dream

Something similar to the HW45 in barrel over cylinder configuration.

But a longer overall length to accommodate a smaller diameter piston without loss of power.
    The smaller chamber height would enable a lower profile frame, sitting lower in the hand and
    therefore less prone to rotation. I'd like to see match quality open sights and a Picatinny rail for
    accessories. The grip would be a semi-anatomical, rubberised wraparound design with inlaid BSA
    medallions.

Rich traditional bluing with the model name and serial no. etc. highlighted in ice blue Arial.
    Last edited by Inspector 71; 19-02-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Nothing wrong with mazak - in its place.

If the frame and body are mazak it can cut costs dramatically, whilst allaying fears (well founded or not) that it could be used to fire some kind of live ammunition, and it doesn't really affecting performance negatively.

Things like indexing pawls, trigger bars, CO2 levers and other moving/load bearing parts should be made out of *proper* metals however.
    Hmmm... you may think that, so perhaps I shouldn't comment...

I was hoping for something more along the lines of the airpistols of my youth, like the Webley Senior or even the (underrated IMO) Slavia ZVP. Proper materials.
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Quote Originally Posted by MikB View Post
    Hmmm... you may think that, so perhaps I shouldn't comment...

I was hoping for something more along the lines of the airpistols of my youth, like the Webley Senior or even the (underrated IMO) Slavia ZVP. Proper materials.
    Don't get me wrong, I would love an all-steel pistol, but in the current day such is wishful thinking.

Just like us expecting anything other than an also-ran PCP rifle from BSA I suppose

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Not really a "pistol person" as I don't have a use for them although I do have a nice Prem, a 240 Mag. and an Ackvoke that once belonged to my Father-in-Law.
    But if I we're pushed, something along the lines of an Hy-Score would be OK !
    “An airgun or two”………

As it's a 'completely hypothetical' situation, I wonder what they would produce if a 'revolver' was the remit?

It's on my hypothetical wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by plinkit View Post
    As it's a 'completely hypothetical' situation, I wonder what they would produce if a 'revolver' was the remit?

It's on my hypothetical wishlist.
    PCP revolver, air tank in grip, pellets loaded directly into full size cylinder a la Gamo R77, removable cylinders available as spare part for quick reloading