Thread: Any info on the new BSA Defiant?

Any info on the new BSA Defiant?

As usual, my job has me working all weekend so, I had no chance of getting to the shooting show

I'm intrigued by that new BSA Defiant but, it'll be a while before I get the chance to handle one.

Have any of you good folks had the chance to kop a feel of it at the show?

If so, how was the balance? How did the cocking lever feel? Did you get a chance to fire a few shots?

Also, any idea on what the cost is likely to be? - I did ask my RFD yesterday but, he hasn't had any info yet.

Thanks in advance

All of the above.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Because most thought this would be a period looking retro pistol due to the now seemingly pointless Peaky Blinders promo (), there is a thread on the Defiant currently running in the pistol section that may be of some interest?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

£1100 apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Because most thought this would be a period looking retro pistol due to the now seemingly pointless Peaky Blinders promo (), there is a thread on the Defiant currently running in the pistol section that may be of some interest?
    Cheers Gareth.

I don't get in there often but, I'll go and have a butchers

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    £1100 apparently
    WOW

That's Cricket money.

I was hoping for it to priced similar to the R10.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Said post also contains the quote of the century!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post

Said post also contains the quote of the century!
    ... ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I thought it handled nicely coming up to aim and the scope height was spot on.

The biathlon action was super smooth (felt better than the AA510 I once tried).

Trigger wasn't as good as my Goldstar, more like the Scorpion.

I wouldn't buy one as not a bullpup fan. Half the price of the similar Daystate?

Fills a hole in their product line up.

I have a serious hunkering.....

Hi all,

I had my hands on the new BSA defiant today, and fired both the soft touch and charcoal laminate on the BSA range at the show.

Honestly I was blown away! The spring assisted cocking lever is effortless and it cocks with the lightest of clicks, the lever then pushes forward into it's original position easily.

Magazine is similar to the R10 but goes in so much more easily, no more fiddley switch at the front, just bring the lever to the rear and slide it in the left hand side, it's sucked into the rifle with a magnet and is a very good fit, no movement but not too tight.

The trigger on the laminate version I used was especially Sweet, really light, not much travel on the first stage and a nice let off on the 2nd stage. Not like a bullpup trigger at all, comparable with the FX impact if not better IMHO, adjustable blade for height and left to right.

Check piece is solid and us soft touch on all the stock versions!! No more kral, fx, cricket cold face!!!!

It was whisper quiet, shrouded barrel with a slightly shortened version of the R10se moderator on the front. Balance was perfect, with the weight towards the shoulder. Laminate was slightly heavier but still very easy to hold off hand.

I spent a good while talking to the guy who designed it, in .177 it will return about 110 shots, .22 slightly more, and it's regulated so no power curve!!

I know it's only been out a few days, and first customers are always lab rats to a certain degree but I'm seriously considering this one. The build quality is as good if not BETTER than the R10se, there is no sign that the "Barcelona small arms" company has had any influence on this AT ALL.

Get you hands in one, you won't regret it!!!!!
    Arte et marte.
    Brocock Compatto Target .177 - Hawke Airmax 3-12x50SF
    BSA R10se BP laminate .177 - Hawke Sidewinder 10x42SF

Rack and load on youtube has a video of it at the show.