Hi all,

I had my hands on the new BSA defiant today, and fired both the soft touch and charcoal laminate on the BSA range at the show.

Honestly I was blown away! The spring assisted cocking lever is effortless and it cocks with the lightest of clicks, the lever then pushes forward into it's original position easily.

Magazine is similar to the R10 but goes in so much more easily, no more fiddley switch at the front, just bring the lever to the rear and slide it in the left hand side, it's sucked into the rifle with a magnet and is a very good fit, no movement but not too tight.

The trigger on the laminate version I used was especially Sweet, really light, not much travel on the first stage and a nice let off on the 2nd stage. Not like a bullpup trigger at all, comparable with the FX impact if not better IMHO, adjustable blade for height and left to right.

Check piece is solid and us soft touch on all the stock versions!! No more kral, fx, cricket cold face!!!!

It was whisper quiet, shrouded barrel with a slightly shortened version of the R10se moderator on the front. Balance was perfect, with the weight towards the shoulder. Laminate was slightly heavier but still very easy to hold off hand.

I spent a good while talking to the guy who designed it, in .177 it will return about 110 shots, .22 slightly more, and it's regulated so no power curve!!

I know it's only been out a few days, and first customers are always lab rats to a certain degree but I'm seriously considering this one. The build quality is as good if not BETTER than the R10se, there is no sign that the "Barcelona small arms" company has had any influence on this AT ALL.

Get you hands in one, you won't regret it!!!!!